Revenge body in the making

Options
Goodday,

So I am going trough a divorce. I used to be a bodybuilder 12 years ago. Met my wife and had a baby. So left all the exercise and wuit smoking. Picked up a huge amount of weight. 35kg to be exact. My wife said she preffered me this way. Everytime I tried getting back into exercising and clean diet, she would say that I am doing it for other girls. So 3 months ago I weighed 123kg As of this morning, I am weighing in at 98 kg. I am so happy and proud of myself because this was done with zero support. I still want to lose 8-13 kg and start building muscle again. Going trough a divorce is bad and I am not in the mood for exercising, but my diet stays on point.
I will start again with the training on Monday and try to rebuild my confidence day by day.

Replies

• Strives4Progress
    Strives4Progress Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your situation. But you definitely got this!! As much as you may not be in the mood to exercise, it's a great stress reliever. Once you get going I think you'll get back into the routine quick :smile:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    All the very best. You have done so well this far. You will get back to the person you know yourself to be. Not as revenge but as restoration.
  • chantallad7281
    chantallad7281 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear you- minus the body building and swap out girls for guys- I was in a similar situation. Welcome- you got this
  • marinarod85
    marinarod85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, I am glad you picked up on your passion again.
  • riaanaugustyn
    riaanaugustyn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    All the very best. You have done so well this far. You will get back to the person you know yourself to be. Not as revenge but as restoration.

Exactly, maybe revenge was the wrong word. I am doing this for myself.
  • bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think revenge was the right word
  • shannonwaters2395
    shannonwaters2395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job! Having a negative person, a person who wants you to fail, or a person who doesn't care to hold you to account, can be so toxic. I make no assumptions in what I don't know, but it seems like you've really had a turn around! Keep it up
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Right there with you bro....we can do this
  • staycranked
    staycranked Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge B)
  • riaanaugustyn
    Options
    Thanks for the the nice replies guys. I really appreciate it. May all our journeys be blessed and our minds primed for excellence!
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I love this post so much. Sorry about your lack of support--lived with that too until I was able to break free. Awesome job taking back the reins!
  • riaanaugustyn
    Options
    Wish I knew how to post pics, so that all can witness were I was, were I let myself go and eventually were I am now and still going strong
  • jcstevens86
    Options
    Wish I knew how to post pics, so that all can witness were I was, were I let myself go and eventually were I am now and still going strong

Go to the website and do it not the app
  • riaanaugustyn
    Options
    15 years ago
  • riaanaugustyn
    Options
    12 years ago
  • riaanaugustyn
    Options
    Me and my little sister 4 years ago
  • riaanaugustyn
    Options
    And then now. First pic was mid July. Middle pic was mid September and last pic was 3rd of October.
  • jcstevens86
    Options
    Bro you got this....i myself let having a kid and ppl to ruin my healthy lifestyle....only thing we need to do is stay focused
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    All women and probably all men say "you are getting in shape, dieting because of someone else". I just ignore it and keep moving forward. I also do my workouts before she gets out of bed so she can't say I am taking time from her. We've been together for 35 years now.