BREAKFAST lovers hello - recipes

Options
Jiwagip
Jiwagip Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Morning!

I'm probably not the only one, but I'm a huge breakfast lover. This is the part of the day I enjoy the most. Since I want to have new healthy habits, I noticed that my breakfasts​ are not always that healthy. I love cereals (mini wheats), pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, bagel, cream cheese, sausages, Starbucks chai latte, fruits... Everything related to the breakfast moment.

What's you FAVORITE [or recommandation] homemade healthy breakfast? I need some advice - or recipes​ - to start my journey this morning and the others to come :)

Rise and shine! Xo

Replies

• SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with chia... I make them really boring (1 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp. chia and cinnamon) It keeps me full for hours, helps me meet my fiber and it´s really simple. I guess you can add fruits and sweeteners.

On weekends I make eggs with toast and a big cup of coffee with almond milk, little sugar and cinnamon
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I needed to add resistant starch to my diet to overcome some tummy issues.

My go-to breakfast is a cold boiled potato and two hard boiled eggs with a splash of EVOO and a dash of salt and pepper...

I make both in bulk and then eat them during the week...
  • marshageroli
    marshageroli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love egg white omelettes with tomato, feta, mushroom, and ham. I can do two egg whites with all of the previously listed ingredients for less than 100 calories. Then I grate up a small russet potato and fry it in a pan (no oil, just a little cooking spray) for hash browns and my total breakfast comes in at under 200 calories and I'm full till lunch (:
  • Jiwagip
    Options
    I love egg white omelettes with tomato, feta, mushroom, and ham. I can do two egg whites with all of the previously listed ingredients for less than 100 calories. Then I grate up a small russet potato and fry it in a pan (no oil, just a little cooking spray) for hash browns and my total breakfast comes in at under 200 calories and I'm full till lunch (:

Looks so yummy! Thank you! :)
  • Jiwagip
    edited October 2017
    Options
    SaraydaB wrote: »
    Overnight oats with chia... I make them really boring (1 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp. chia and cinnamon) It keeps me full for hours, helps me meet my fiber and it´s really simple. I guess you can add fruits and sweeteners.

On weekends I make eggs with toast and a big cup of coffee with almond milk, little sugar and cinnamon

I love oats! I'll definitely try this this week, with some fresh blueberries..! Thanks a lot :)
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Oats w pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice. One I want to try soon: place 1 slice of ham in each muffin tin cup, fill with egg & veggie (ok, cheese, too!) and bake! Dave's killer bread with cream cheese, topped with fruit; protein waffles/pancakes using Quest unflavored (bc I don't like them too sweet- I want the maple syrup!) Eggs w/ sweet potato hash & bacon are good, too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs topped with avocado and either green chile sauce or salsa and some cheese along with some slices of roasted turkey and pinto beans if I've made them.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I enjoy breakfast casseroles with eggs, milk, cheese, bread, spinach and sausage. I add salsa on top and have a toasted English muffin with pb with it. I usually eat it for lunch or dinner though.
  • ewartm12
    ewartm12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. A super quick breakfast at around 350 kcal is:
    120 g 2% Greek yoghurt
    28g almonds
    25 blueberries ('ish)
    A light drizzle of honey

• Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Blend extra firm tofu with a packet of ranch seasoning (or season with something similar), and 10 oz of drained spinach. Use to fill mini phyllo cups and bake. I’ve also made bigger hot pocket type things w the sheets of phyllo and this stuff. It’s nice bc it keeps for a few days in the fridge and you can just reheat.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You said- that you like pancakes- have you tried the kodiak pancake mixes- they are high protein and with SF syrup- can be a nice lower calorie breakfast
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my largest meal of the day. I am quite boring with it so I go with the same thing lately:

20g Oat Bran, 10g Oats or 4 grain flakes combo (oats, rye, ...), and 170ml milk.

Jam it in the microwave for 2 minutes at 750W or until it starts rising to the top.

Add cinnamon, 10-15g peanut butter, 5-10 g honey, 15-20g raisins, 5g coconut scrapings, 5g flax seeds, 5g pumpkin seeds, and 5g sunflower seeds (any seeds/nuts will work, just don't go nuts with it).

Have one fruit along with it. If it gets thick, I dilute it with some of my morning coffee with milk. It's about 626 calories and keeps me full for up to 6-8 hours.