I want to be proud of the girl I'm

Jiwagip
Jiwagip Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello

This is new for me. This commitment to be healthy. I'm very happy to have this app now, thanks to my friend. I really need something more than only me to push myself. I'm visual. I need graphics, goals, diaries, advices, people and their stories.

I want to start this journey, because I'm not happy with what i see in the mirror (as a lot of people in the world, I guess). Most of all, I want to be happy & proud of who I'm. Not for someone, but for myself. I'm really into healthy food, good habits, etc. I'm gonna start yoga more seriously to focus and gonna subscribe to the gym to stay active. My problem is that I'm a foodie and sometimes it's like I can't help myself. I love the taste, the smell, the colors of every little yum. Makes things hard haha. But, I'll try to be more reasonable.

Sorry in advance for my poor English. I'm French, from Montreal. I'm glad to be part of this healthy movement. Hope to read from you!

Xo

Replies

• Joster91
    Joster91 Posts: 22 Member
    Bonjour. Bonne chance sur votre voyage.
  • Jiwagip
    Merci! :)
  • carinagoesfit
    carinagoesfit Posts: 24 Member
    Caselie, I feel you in so many ways. I am a foodie too, I even have an Instagram food channel with a friend. But I do believe you can be a foodie and still loose weight. I do love veggies & fruits, I just need to get rid of sweet food
  • Jiwagip
    edited October 2017
    Caselie, I feel you in so many ways. I am a foodie too, I even have an Instagram food channel with a friend. But I do believe you can be a foodie and still loose weight. I do love veggies & fruits, I just need to get rid of sweet food

You are so right! I know we can do it.... Bye sweet food... And carbs! Good luck in your journey as well and thanks for your words! :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited October 2017
    Caselie, I'd recommend you not demonize any particular group of foods. There's absolutely nothing wrong with carbs or sweets, they just tend to be more caloric and therefore may need to be consumed in moderation. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to make small sustainable changes - drastic ones tend to not last very long. ;)

• Jiwagip
    Caselie, I'd recommend you not demonize any particular group of foods. There's absolutely nothing wrong with carbs or sweets, they just tend to be more caloric and therefore may need to be consumed in moderation. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to make small sustainable changes - drastic ones tend to not last very long. ;)

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind! I'm very motivated but I know, as you say, that I cannot do drastic changes in one day. I'll go day by day :)
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Add me my fellow Canuck