HELP! Need support!

Options
Hello all,

I started my diet yesterday and looking to lose all the weight I gained back after my successful 2008 diet (went from 230 to 175 lbs). I am new here and posted in the introduce yourself section. I do, however, needs some friends on here. If anyone is needing an accountability buddy, like I do, send me a request!

Looking for as many interested people as possible. I am ready to go from 250 lbs to at least 180 and I certainly need some accountability along the way! Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone!!

-Heath (Anderson, SC)

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Options
    Dieting tends to mean you'll go back to the way you were after the diet. For long term results, I recommend you try to see this more as a lifestyle change.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family Heath! Congrats on your weightloss results a couple of years ago.

That is the problem with 'diets', they get you to your goal and leave you standing solo at the alter. Look for lifelong changes/results. Remove the word diet and insert the words 'healthy lifestyle'. As if you have a healthy lifestyle, you will get to your goal weight and stay there. As your life journey changes, you can change your healthy lifestyle to adapt.

What did you do to achieve your results the first time around....what was your diet and exercise programs that you followed?
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Heath!
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome, what a beautiful bride and groom.

I friended you and notice that you like the GB Packers. Smart man.
  • hnodine
    hnodine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

KyleGA: "What did you do to achieve your results the first time around....what was your diet and exercise programs that you followed?"

I went to a calorie based diet. While at the time I didn't have a set limit, like I do now...I tried to keep my calorie count low. Not to mention my fat, sugar, etc intake. I switched to eating Healthy Choice meals for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was a granola bar, and I would have yogurt or fruit for a snack during lunch and dinner. When I was in the gym, I would do mainly cardio workouts. I would run at least a mile on the treadmill, 20-30 minutes on the bike, and 10-15 minutes on an elliptical. Then, I would do sit-ups and various weights. But I at least always did my cardio each time. I dropped weight quick. I would average 5 pounds a week.

While that seems bad, I was eating healthy and working out. My body was not used to that and I dropped 65 lbs in about 3-4 months. I tend to lose weight fast, and I don't starve myself to do it. My overall health improved drastically. While I was successful, I failed when it came to trying to maintain the weight. That is by far the most important thing about "diets".

So I normally recommend people eating Healthy Choice meals, or other meals to where you can determine what you are eating (nutritional facts wise). I've seen a lot of people I know try to lose weight, but they do that without really ever looking at what they are eating. It works for some, but not the ones I've witnessed. But sticking to a calorie-limit diet and cardio workout seem to have done the trick for me.