100+ to Lose... looking for Motivational Friends

Options
Hello all!
I'm just joining MFP. I lost a lot of weight using MFP before and life changed drastically in 2012 and I slowly put the weight back on. I have a lot to lose and I would love to make new friends on here for motivation... Feel free to add me!

Vanessa

Replies

• moniquethompson26
    Options
    `I recently took a trip to Rome and Turkey and during the trip I managed to get a blood clot in my leg and one in my foot from the flight. My doctor told me no more traveling until I get my weight and circulation under control so my goal is to lose 100 pounds by the end of July by eating healthy and exercising. I'd love to connect with you and help to motivate one another!
  • vanessahylton
    vanessahylton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged by triple digits. It can be done.

I have been overweight my entire life. I was always the heaviest in school. I was 300lbs at 16. I was 425lbs at 25. I am currently 187lbs and maintaining for the last year. It took about 4 years to lose the weight. It came with lots of ups and downs. I would lose it, then gain it, then lose it.. etc. I have found a good place with my calories and my level of activity. Toss in my cheat day and I maintain pretty well. +/- 5lbs. I didn't do any weird diets or surgeries. Just healthy eating and being active.

It's just accountability. If you are not accountable for yourself then you cannot achieve victory that lasts. I am sorry if this is controversial but losing weight is easy. I was 425lbs and I lost 20lbs my first week just because I stopped drinking pop! Keep that trend going, cut the bad foods from your diet and anyone can lose weight. Simple CICO works great.

Since losing the weight. I get more attention from people. Not just sexually but in general people will be more open and willing to talk to me now that I am not obese. I feel more confident. I take better care of my appearance and hygiene. I am more active because I want to be, instead of because I have to be.

I went from a shirt size XXXXXL to a S/M. I went from pant size 50x30 to a 32x34.

I know it's cliche to say but if I can do it, anyone can. If anyone needs help or advice you can feel free to message me.

That's awesome! Thank you so much for this message! I feel overwhelmed with it, but you're right... I know it can be done and I have to get my mind right. I actually need to lose 260 pounds (embarrassing).
  • vanessahylton
    vanessahylton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    `I recently took a trip to Rome and Turkey and during the trip I managed to get a blood clot in my leg and one in my foot from the flight. My doctor told me no more traveling until I get my weight and circulation under control so my goal is to lose 100 pounds by the end of July by eating healthy and exercising. I'd love to connect with you and help to motivate one another!

Thank you! Good luck... I know you can do it; you're already doing great!
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I tried to add you, but it wouldn't give me the option, so you can try to add me if you'd like. I need to lose around 90-100 lbs. I've lost that much before then gained it all back :( So I'm starting again!
  • o_chaisson19
    o_chaisson19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started, lost 11 lbs in a month so far...add me if you want! Good luck on your journey!
  • abstew04
    abstew04 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! Tried to add you, but couldn't, so feel free to add me. I also have a lot to lose and I noticed it has helped having those with similar goals.
  • thurzalou
    thurzalou Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • cbrynlee1703
    cbrynlee1703 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have about 75 lbs to lose still. Have lost about 70 so far. I tried to add you as well, but it just says error and will not let me. Would love to support you on your journey. Add me if you like
  • Miss_Seana29
    Miss_Seana29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Howdy doody :) I have 150 lbs to lose... Just started this week... Feel free to add me. I would love to have people with similar goals around to stay motivated and support each other. :)
  • friendlygirl316
    friendlygirl316 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • losingit4G
    losingit4G Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have 100-130 to lose-feel free to add me!
  • bbsweetpea
    bbsweetpea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Sobs99
    Sobs99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    in the same boat.. add me!