Frustrated.

Options
I am an 18 year old that weighs 325lbs. I try and try to start a healthy life style every day but i always fail. I end up binge eating. I begin eating and its like i cant stop. I need help, motivation, support, advice, anything...

Replies

• shannonwaters2395
    shannonwaters2395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Um, have you seen your GP? You might get a really good plan plus ongoing support.

Otherwise I don't know where to start. You are amazing, and you can do it! Do you have a goal? A timeline? Have you checked what is safe and realistic?

Start logging. Maybe seeing your food intake in written and number form might help.

I'll send you a friend request.
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Start to log your food and keep it up. Don't cheat. Then join the Fat2Fit monthly group challenge on here. I find it so good. There are lots of people in the same situation and we try every day to be better and keep on track.

Good luck
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a set of things to do.

Calculate a daily calorie target and start a food journal. Weigh and measure your intake and crunch numbers. You will soon find that you have to plan your meals in advance.

Set a short term goal. Say lose 10lbs. This is an experiment. Try to put "healthy lifestyle" aside for now. Your long term goal is "healthy weight". You can figure out a number later. You can add other lifestyle changes later.

But the first thing you need to do is the 10lb loss experiment. The purpose of which is to gain a bit of control and start some good habits.

Because it's just an experiment, you don't have to be perfect. At the end of the day review your journal to figure out which things you did that were helpful and which were unhelpful. As they say in my yoga class, "Not to judge but to learn."
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    In good news, you're young. You've got a great life ahead to be enjoyed, and you are getting onto what makes you unhappy nice and early.

I agree with what the posters above have said. Don't try to take it all on in one go. For me, the single best thing I did was just to start counting what I was putting in. Start writing down what you are eating. this website makes it really easy too. And when you see what's going in the path to success will become very clear. You don't even have to give up your favorite foods or comfort foods. Just find out the right amount to eat, you might be surprised at how close you are to that number already.