HOW DO YOU DISTRACT YOURSELF FROM EATING

Options
I'm just curious and wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how they distract themselves from eating when they know they're not hungry?

Replies

• monae2013
    monae2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit, yogurt, u know something heathy. Or chew gum. You can also excercise or look at some motivational pics!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Cup of tea or some sparkling water, or I have a few sugar free mints.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I have a couple of cardio machines I can use while watching the TV. It's a 2-step-plus-1. Step 1, recognize the drift toward excessive eating. Step 2, create calorie deficit. Plus 1, eat excessively, which is now redefined as 'eat back calories'.
  • mmblarg
    mmblarg Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    On days I don't work out (or can't) I usually eat a rice cake (chocolate or cinnamon sugar ones are 50 cal each! woo) and then down a bottle of water. This tricks my brain into thinking I had something sweet and terrible and the water makes my tummy feel full.

Fighting cravings though... that's a whole other story...
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I clean, play with my little one, don't think about food, watch an interesting show on tv, do laundry, play video games, play on my phone, work out/exercise, or if none of that works I will brush my teeth to deter cravings!
  • cecil_hall
    cecil_hall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try to stay busy doing anything.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Find the reasons you are needing comfort and support from the food and get that by other things.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    read the forums at mfp, go for a walk.
    Chew gum so I cant eat anything!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time of day. In the evening I go to the gym in bed at night I get on forums or if I can't win. I take a super small piece of what I'm craving. Good luck
  • cricket_hackmann
    cricket_hackmann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I chew gum, eat a slice of dill pickle, check out the message boards on MFP or remind myself that hunger pangs is the feeling of my body getting slimmer!
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Guzzle some water so my stomach is temporarily full and then try to snack on something healthy.