"Daily Sugar Goal" - How to turn this OFF!

Options
I don't track my sugar intake. As a general rule, I tend to avoid sugars that don't come from foods naturally, though I do like the occasional treat. I've been genetically tested and my system suffers low- to no-impact from consuming large quantities of carbs. (Fats, on the other hand...) I don't flippin' CARE what the app or website thinks I need to cap my sugar intake at, being scolded with bright red text that I've exceeded my daily sugar intake because I had my morning fruit smoothie is just friggin' insulting!

Is there any way to turn this obnoxiousness off? I don't even care if the app wastes it's processor cycles tracking my sugars in the background, so long as I'm not nagged about it.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the "insights" that pop up as you log? You can shut those off in your diary settings.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Under My Home, go to Settings and then Food and Diary Settings and you can remove Sugar as something you track.

If you just want to change the sugar goal, go into goals and alter it there.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just ignore it. A little computer program can yell at me all it wants. I know what my needs are and its opinion based on government guidelines doesn't interest me.

But yes, you can switch off "insights" in your diary settings.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I swapped it for fibre
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I swapped it for fibre

Ditto.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I swapped it for fibre

Ditto.

Ditto ^2 Also stopped looking at sodium.

Confuses me when I look at other diaries and see them there :)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I want it to stop yelling at me for eating too much fat. That’s something that I need more of, so if I exceed my goal I want it to be supportive. Haha. It congratulates me on protein. I want it to be happy about fat too.