Meet Daisy, my adopted kitten!

Options
Christen850
Christen850 Posts: 19 Member
This is Daisy. I love her unique face; the triangle on her nose makes her look like a spooky skull! She is incredibly sweet and snuggly, and follows me literally all over the house. Wherever I sit down, she drapes her self next to me and falls asleep.
I’m single and live alone, so I’ve been really wanting to adopt a little furry friend. I finally met the right one!

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Aw cutie cat
  • Christen850
    Options
    In a little handkerchief!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I know her name is Daisy but when I look at her all I hear in my head is "arrowhead". Cute kitty!
  • Christen850
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I know her name is Daisy but when I look at her all I hear in my head is "arrowhead". Cute kitty!
    I kind of want to change her name, because I just don’t think Daisy suits her. But I would feel like a jerk, because she came with that name! She probably already knows herself as Daisy. But I still kind of wish I could change it!

• KyleGrace8
    Options
    I kind of want to change her name, because I just don’t think Daisy suits her. But I would feel like a jerk, because she came with that name! She probably already knows herself as Daisy. But I still kind of wish I could change it!

Animals get used to new names. My mom's dog has two names bc I call her something different bc I'm the jerk but she responds to both.
  • millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awww! She kind of reminds me of my sister's cat Zelda.
  • millea84
    Options

When I adopted my puppy, her name was Jade. I named her Freya and she knows that is her name now. My boyfriend got her to also respond to the name "poopball" :neutral: Animals adapt to name changes. Your kitty will be fine and learn her new name. <3
  • KyleGrace8
    Options
    millea84 wrote: »

When I adopted my puppy, her name was Jade. I named her Freya and she knows that is her name now. My boyfriend got her to also respond to the name "poopball" :neutral: Animals adapt to name changes. Your kitty will be fine and learn her new name. <3

That's so funny that you call yours "poopball" bc I named my mom's dog "pooper"!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

One of my cats was called Juno when we got him - he'd had that name for 18 months, but we changed it to Smokey (because 1 - he was grey, and 2 - our other cat was called Bandit) and he soon got used to it!

(He also gets called Pepe le Poop, Puke Skywalker, Mr Poopypants, Chucky McChuckerson, and various other names. As long as someone feeds and cuddles him, he doesn't care! ;) )
  • klowieislyfe1
    klowieislyfe1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love those markings ^^
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Cute!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwww <3
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    she is adorable :smiley:
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    She's so cute!

You can change her name. I'm convinced that animals don't know/don't care what their name is, they just respond to your tone of voice. My dog's name is Titan, but I actually can't remember the last time I called him that. He answers to Prettyboy, Fluffyboy, Fluffybutt, Fluffypants, Fluffernutter, Sir Fluffington, Fluffs McGee, Inspector Floof...

Basically, if my voice is high and squeaky, he comes running.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

We took in BIL's two cats and DH never got their names so my 7 year old and I just re-named them. They didn't seen to mind.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    If a stray then you are a wonderful human being.
    That being said, we've had 3 cats and probably for the first time in our marriage we are in agreement. No more cats. Our one remaining cat is up in years and has decided that the house is it's litter box and everyone knows you can't break a cat from a bad habit.
    Best of luck.
  • millea84
    Options

That's so funny that you call yours "poopball" bc I named my mom's dog "pooper"!

We also call her the poopinator, little stinky, Freya bug, and little roadblock. I love her. She is so cute!
  • Christen850
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    OP man did you ever end up talking to the hot guy in the cafe or what

I saw him one more time, and I started to get up to talk to him, and he made a weird face! I sat back down like a coward… And I haven’t seen him since!
  • Christen850
    Options
    By the way, because I’m so in love with this kitten, she now has her own Instagram. You can find her @daisyskullface ❤️