Losing baby weight, fibromyalgia and trying vegan, looking for friends

Options
I’m 32 and have fibromyalgia and Ibs. I don’t take scripts and take care of my symptoms with diet and light exercising. During my pregnancy I lost my mobility and have been trying to get it back for over a year. 50 to go, goal weight is 155 which I was at before the pregnancy and the previous 3 years. Previous diet was gluten free which worked but still had a lot of stomach problems, FODMAP which was too confusing to follow so now I’m trying vegan. I’m looking for a buddy or friend that’s in a similar place, I don’t need to be reminded and I stay on track but having others to talk to is so helpful.

Replies

• amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia and know your pain there. Feel free to add me. I also suffer from migraines and am on meds to prevent those. Everything I have tried for FM as far as meds has given me bad side effects since I had my last baby a year ago so meds have not helped. I am trying to figure out how to mange this on my own. It has been a struggle.
  • hawkswoop
    hawkswoop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! So happy you reached out. I'm 33, and have been struggling with Ibs-d. It started when I started my business...stress induced or at least amplified I reckon. So after trying crazy diets (whole 30, gaps, candida) the IBS sticks around. I'm not willing to cut out seafood and occasional local meats, as my friends are farmers and fisher folks...but I would like to incorporate a more plant based attitude in my life. Friend me, you will be my first!!
  • amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have sent a friend request. I don’t blame you for not wanting to cut those things out to support your friends. There are certain foods that I am not quite ready to give up completely yet either. Hopefully you an find something that helps.