Replies

• awildwomanatheart
    awildwomanatheart Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jameson 72 per shot
    Whiskey Sour 48 per oz
    Cosmopolitan 4oz is 212
    Midori Sour 219

Usually if I'm going to drink, I try to plan with that in mind or do so on a cheat day and workout extra the following day.
  • KingMe78
    KingMe78 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    prejym and coffee
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I go out with my friends quite a bit and I'm not a big fan of beers or wines. Do you have a favorite mixed drinks that doesn't break the calorie bank?

Gin & diet tonic
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Non-Alcoholic - coke. But a can of 330ml is 139 calories.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic. 52 calories for the gin (1 shot) and 1 for the tonic. And I can't taste the difference between slimline and regular tonic.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Boy, going without beer would be sad.

But on the occasions when it happens, I'll take an extra dry gin martini. It's hard to beat the classics.
  • MrUnruly
    MrUnruly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

But on the occasions when it happens, I'll take an extra dry gin martini. It's hard to beat the classics.

Can’t beat Bombay Sapphire and tonic
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hendricks and light fevertree tonic with a slice of cucmber <3

Vodka, soda and lime

Sometimes I just have a soda and lime on the sly so nobody knows and I save even more lol
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    (I am a lager girl at heart but have actually got to the point I really enjoy the clear spirits on a night now)
  • Jpoirier17
    Jpoirier17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Water, Black Coffee, Chai Tea, Green Tea, Light Beer
  • tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic. The nutrition program I uses penalized alcohol with 10 grams of fat per drink (even though most don't have any), because alcohol shuts down your metabolism. But these are the scores they give for some

Hard alcohol (vodka, gin) and a diet mixer 10g fat, 10 grams carbs (2 oz pour)
    wine 10 g fat, 15 g carbs (5 ounce glass)
    light beer 10 g fat 20 g carbs (12 ounces)
    craft beer 10 g fat 35 g carbs

I only get 64 g carbs a day, so drinking is very limited.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I go out with my friends quite a bit and I'm not a big fan of beers or wines. Do you have a favorite mixed drinks that doesn't break the calorie bank?

Any mixed drink where the diluent is calorie-free (club soda, diet coke,..). A shot of liquor (1.5 oz) is ~100 calories.
    or wine (~120 cal/5oz). The flavored vodkas, as far as I know, are pretty much all ~calorie-free artificial flavoring..so one of those with plain club soda is an option.

Avoid the sugary or juice based mixed drinks if you want low calorie. Also avoid tonic water (+~120 cal) and grenadine.
  • ritzvin
    Options
    MrUnruly wrote: »

The tonic water adds about 120 calories... stick with club soda if you want low cal.
  • tracymegan
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    MrUnruly wrote: »

The tonic water adds about 120 calories... stick with club soda if you want low cal.

• tracymegan
    Options
    Diet tonic is excellent and calorie free. Sapphire used to be my go to...but Hendricks.....oh my...sooo good
  • ritzvin
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »

Alcohol, my go-to is rum & diet coke. Couldn't tell you the calories though.

~100 calories (assuming a 1.5 oz pour of the rum).
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    vodka + soda + limes
  • tishbiv
    tishbiv Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Crown and soda
  • o_chaisson19
    o_chaisson19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, chamomile tea
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Not much help here because I'm not big on drinking (maybe a cup of something once or twice a year, if that), but I usually have diet soft drinks on social gatherings involving alcohol, so maybe a diet drink "spiked" with something?