Workplace Bully...It's the Boss

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Being the "boss" at a couple of other jobs, I'd have to hear their side. It always seems the truth is somewhere in the middle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Being the "boss" at a couple of other jobs, I'd have to hear their side. It always seems the truth is somewhere in the middle.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

There is always three sides: side a, side b and the truth.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    1) Keep a log book of interactions. It can be digital or paper, but make sure you record dates, times, witnesses, and what was said by who. Keep at least two physically separate copies, but make sure they both have the same info.
    2) After 2 weeks review the log book to see if any patterns emerge.
    3) After 2 more weeks review the book again.
    4) Take a copy of the book to your boss' boss, or to your HR department.

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I really feel for you and know exactly what you're going through.

I agree with Speziface, log everything and after a couple of months go to HR.

Also, make sure any communications are done/repeated in email so there is no 'he said/she said' situations and clarify everything by email so there are no 'misunderstandings'.

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The boss may well be pointing out work related issues, which they have every right to, but it doesn't seem like it's being done in a professional manner, especially when the op is feeling bullied.

Lack of management and personnel skills show the boss isn't capable of doing her own job properly, and no one should be repeatedly dreading going to work.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You should seek advice from HR and see what future steps they suggest you take in order to protect yourself. Be honest and professional with HR when explaining about what has occured between you and your boss. This sounds like a delicate matter that is best handled by your employer and not the internet.