Whose in your support system

Options
I had a big support system during my journey. my amazing husband supported me no matter how little i lost. he kept me going. i also have an amazing support system from friends and family. my family is amazed at the progress. they never remeberedme being this small

Replies

• midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My main support on here is my work friend who sits across from me. she yells if i have cake during the day hehe.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Most of my family doesn't really pay much attention, they just tell me it looks like I've lost weight, and most of my friends call me crazy for trying to lose weight and be healthy. However, I have one friend, my best friend, and she is always there to support me! She's the friend who I can text if I'm about to indulge in cookies and need motivation not to, and I'm the same for her. We have the same struggles and are always there for one other. She and I are training for the half marathon as well. :) Love her! <3
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Mine is right HERE (MFP)!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My whole family supports what I'm doing and I am so lucky! But my husband is particularly special.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have not told anyone yet that I have lost weight... I'm gonna wait until they tell me :)
    Also, if you do people can turn into the grinch. You have one square of chocolate and they yell at you that you're not allowed that or they will do the complete opposite and try to sabotage your efforts by bringing food into work for you.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I have been truly blessed with my journey (which is different than most. Why not, I've always done my own thing, hehe) and I have had the support of my sisters, mini-me's (kids), my husband, friends on Facebook (from high school), friends who've done the fitness competition circuit, friends here at work and now friends I have met on here MFP as well. Its kind of funny, because I don't feel like I am on this training journey alone. I have many supporters and cheerleaders. :wink:
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband is my number one supporter!!! He tells me everyday that he is proud and I am looking so good!! Also My MFP friends always saying nice things when I post something!! My facebook friends, my family, and my co-workers!! I've got alot of support!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have a great support system. My family (my parents, kids, grandkids, hubby and my grandma) is very supportive. My doctor is too. Then I have my friends on here. I am blessed to have such a wonderful support system.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    Louis of course....its so great to have a husband who understood what it is was like to be heavy, to lose weight, together and has the same goals.
    My inner circle of girlfriends which includes you, Gail :-) SO lucky to have known you for long and been there to see your transformation!
    And Gary of course!! What an inspiration he has been to all of us!!
  • hollagolla
    Options
    aww I am the work friend who yells! My main support is also Sukie as we tend to message each other all day about what we are eating and how much we exercise.
    My mum is also good, she is great at losing weight and understands when I am so even if I go there for dinner she will give me small potions and cook it in a healthy way :-)
  • hollagolla
    Options
    PS I should mention my fiance who always lets me have a little of his naughty food to stopmy cravings :-)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I also have a work friend who is my Jillian Michaels. She pushes me and challenges me and also yells at me for eating cake (but I do it anyway - hey I EARNED that cake!)

My wonderful husband...every time someone we haven't seen in a while comes to visit he makes sure to ask them "doesn't she look great?! She's doing so well!" Makes my heart melt just thinking about it.

My best friends are awesome too - they're both very active and slender. We're like family so they love me no matter what but are so happy to see me healthier and slimmer now. We've been talking about doing some races and other challenges together next year and I'm really looking forward to it!

The rest of my family - my brother was a bit cynical about this "one more try" in the beginning, which I can understand since I've struggled for so long but his doubts actually motivated me and now he's fully on board and very supportive. Mom, Dad and others have been encouraging all along.

And, of course, my MFPals!! Love you all!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It has to be my OH!

I have kept my weightloss quite private as I don't want to 'bore' anyone with it (most of my friends are pretty slim and not at all concerned with their weight!)

other than that I am pretty much my own support network !
  • RippedNShredded
    Options
    Just myself. :)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    My fiance is my main support, he is always encouraging me and tells me that' i'm looking slimmer every day. One of my colleagues at work is trying to loose weight so we try and push each other and compare weight loss each week and pick each other up when we're down.

People that i don't see very often keep asking if i have lost weight which makes me feel really good about myself. i'm seeing my sister for the first time in a few months so i'm hoping he can tell :)

Oh and of course all my MFP friends...you've definately kept me on the straight and narrow!
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    At home, I don't really have one. Everyone is kind of indifferent and do not try to push/encourage/etc. The kids could care less...lol! This is why I am on here :)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    me, myself and I. seriously. My husband needs to lose weight but isn't ready and he does workout but he drives truck so it's hard for him to have a schedule. My bf since I was 12 is not in the losing phase right now so she is out too. I am kind of a loner anyways but I like to do it for myself, by myself.
  • kentishmaid
    Options
    Well it's not my partner or family - they've been through too many diets with me before and seen them fail so I'm not even telling them about this one, I just can't face the sarcastic comments :sad:

My best support comes from my dog (who can resist those big brown eyes saying 'Let's go walkies Mum') and this site is great. I'm really pleased with the progress I'm making (11lbs in 8 days). The biggest motivators are the people I've 'met' and the calorie 'rewards' you get for exercising.

:smile:
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Louis of course....its so great to have a husband who understood what it is was like to be heavy, to lose weight, together and has the same goals.
    My inner circle of girlfriends which includes you, Gail :-) SO lucky to have known you for long and been there to see your transformation!
    And Gary of course!! What an inspiration he has been to all of us!!

thanks clas:) we're all in this together
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My husband is a huge support, he actually decided to do this with me. My oldest daughter is too. She reminds me that we don't need McDonalds, and is always willing to go for a walk/bike ride. She was also my C25K partner before I had to give it up for awhile. My younger kids are too young to understand but they are always up for running around the backyard. My mom and dad are also a huge encouragement, and a huge inspiration. My mom eats incredibly clean/healthy, and my dad found out he has type 2 diabetes and has managed it from day 1 through diet and exercies. No medication. I also have a group of mommy friends that are there to support.

I havne't told my IL's and don't plan on it. Not worth it to me.