Three years TODAY!

Options
kommodevaran
kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
edited October 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Today marks my official three years weight maintenance anniversary. This is by far the longest time ever I've had a stable weight. I'm really enjoying this - feeling comfortable in my own body, as well as comfortable with how I eat and move. This is an ongoing process. I am feeling more confident every day, every month, but I'm also getting more humble: Nothing happens unless I let it happen. Maintenance isn't a number, it isn't even just a weight range, it is a state of mind. A happy state of mind. I am grateful - and one of the things I'm grateful for, is MFP and the great community in here. Thank you :heart:

Replies

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hearty congratulations! Looking forward to that day, and I'm so glad to know that the MFP community around maintenance is as strong as it is. THIS is where I go for inspiration and reassurance.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well done you.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Bravo Zulu!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Jeg gratulerer med deg og takk for alt du har gjort for å hjelpe meg!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, just started maintenance and it's great to see others continuing to succeed
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Maintenance isn't a number, it isn't even just a weight range, it is a state of mind. A happy state of mind.

Congrats on your success! I quoted the part that most resonated with my experience.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Congrats on another successful year!!! :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! May your future be just as happy.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Congrats! I love this post. :)
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to post the same in three years congrats
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on three years!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be super proud. And I'm glad to hear it gets easier over time.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I want to get excited about maintenance, but honestly I'm a little intimidated by it. It's just such a looooooong time, which I guess is the point. LOL I'm trying to practice the eating habits I know I can sustain for life: eating out, sweets (I'll give them up when I stop breathing and not a day sooner), bread, etc. It's going well, but I'm still nervous about it. I'm taking is slowly now that I'm close to a healthy weight and my strategy is to slide into maintenance without a big transition. That means the last few lbs are going to be painfully slow.

Hearty congratulations to you...You're an inspiration.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats :drinker:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Congratulations x 3.

<3 , h.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Wishing you many more!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Here's to many more to come
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Congrats :smiley: I have to say I always enjoy reading your replies in the forums, you know things :smile:
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Maintenance isn't a number, it isn't even just a weight range, it is a state of mind. A happy state of mind.

Congrats on your success! I quoted the part that most resonated with my experience.
    Congrats :smiley: I have to say I always enjoy reading your replies in the forums, you know things :smile:

I agree with these two posters. Congratulations!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful, congrats to you!