Why do people keep their scales in the bathroom?

Options

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    mine is in the bathroom b/c i like to weigh naked after using the toilet, before showering.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have mine in bedroom. All my floors are uneven. Our building is 100 years old, with 100 year old hard wood floors. It's really hard to find a spot where the scale is completely flat....But I found it in bedroom.
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hmm this is worth a try imo. There's a few good spots for a scale in my kitchen. And funny enough I actually trip over the scale in the bathroom all the time.. :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    mine is in the bathroom b/c i like to weigh naked after using the toilet, before showering.

This. Nothing more too it, really. I'm not going downstairs to the kitchen to weigh before having a shower.

Plus I use my scale as a measuring tool. Not as motivation or shaming.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I don't usually close the drapes in the kitchen or dining room and for the sake of my neighbors (and myself, as I have no interest in being arrested as a sex offender) I wear clothes in those rooms.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't like it in the bathroom. I don't want moisture messing with the circuits if the seal gets loosened over time. I keep it in a low traffic corner in my bedroom. I can't imagine it in the kitchen or living room because people can potentially bump into it and there is more potential for spills and things falling, being pushed around, or getting broken. Scale is not a successful deterrent from anything for me in the short term. I just use it as a measuring tool to collect data, so no sense in having it on display for that purpose for me. Knowing the calories in foods works better as a reminder to not go overboard because in my mind I measure my weight loss by my calories more than I do by the scale. I'm odd like that.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My guess is so they can weigh in after their morning pee?? I keep mine in my kitchen though because my bathroom tiles are wonkey. Bathroom would be much more convenient since I weigh in basically naked and have to make my offspring overt their eyes :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If it was in the kitchen or living room, it would just be clutter...the bathroom is where it belongs. It's not hiding it...it's a part of many people's morning routine. *kitten*, shower, shave, and weigh in.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'd actually prefer to have mine in the bedroom, but the floor is carpeted in there. Had it in the kitchen for a long time because it did have a hard floor ... but I was usually dressed with shoes on and didn't want to record a higher weight in my chart because of clothing. Ditto keeping it in the utility room or garage. The bathroom I have now isn't ideal either however because there is no floor space to leave the scale set up in it's own spot ... so it will probably end up back in the kitchen again in January.
  • utnage
    utnage Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I read this question in someone's profile and it got me asking the same thing.

Why not the kitchen - where it might be an effective deterrent as one grabs for the Doritos and cookies?
    Why not the living room - where game consoles, computers and TV sets invite bum-iness? Isn't placing the scale in the same area as the couch potato equal opportunity?

A carpenter doesn't hide his tape-measure. Why do dieters hide the scale?

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely naked in the kitchen
  • utnage
    Options
    For one your supposed to weigh yourself naked. In my opinion The real reason is because its private .That way no one knows they're lying .Even though we can tell. Hell when I was at 263. I avoided the topic like the plage. I'm a realist my *kitten* was 263 and it looked 263.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Why not the kitchen - where it might be an effective deterrent as one grabs for the Doritos and cookies?
    Why not the living room - where game consoles, computers and TV sets invite bum-iness? Isn't placing the scale in the same area as the couch potato equal opportunity?

LMAO my S.O. loves keeping it in the bathroom for pre-and-post potty weight.
  • utnage
    Options
    utnage wrote: »

• utnage
    Options
    utnage wrote: »

• utnage
    Options
    They say its best to weigh yourself naked, so privacy is important. In my opinion when someone ask " How much do you weigh ? " They can tell a big fat lie. Pun intended. Even though we can tell. Hell, when I was at 263lbs. I avoided that subject like the plage. My *kitten* was 263 and it looked 263. I ain't gonna make an *kitten* out of myself knowing they know. I'm a realist, but I also know how sensitive the subject can be. So when I'm lied to. I just let it go.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Well, cause I'm not getting naked in my kitchen.

Then you’re not cooking right! :lol::lol::lol:
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Why do people keep their scales in the bathroom?

Simple. First they close the door. Then, after getting on the scale, they can yell, scream and curse at the scale without the rest of the household being involved. It's also close to the toilet, for those people who want to sit down and sob. LOL.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Well, cause I'm not getting naked in my kitchen.

Then you’re not cooking right! :lol::lol::lol:

Dude. No. Tried doing the sexy breakfast cooking once - bacon spits. Just... no.