I have to lose A WHOLE PERSON

Options
Yep, and probably an overweight or really tall one at that! lol Trying my best not to focus on that 190lbs to go..... and get discouraged. I can't believe I even got to this point! It makes me mad at myself, but it also pushes me even harder to do the right thing. So I'm going to take it 20 pounds at a time. Focus on the first 20 pounds, then the second 20 pounds & so on. I think it will be easier to swallow that way. The thing that really sucks is I thought I hit my bottom a few years ago, and actually lost 100 pounds!! But I was still trying to get a quick fix, and I eventually put it all back on plus about 15 pounds or so. This is the first time I'm actually counting calories, paying really close attention to what I'm eating, and of course trying to move this blob of a body, more! lol I could use all the support I can get, so please add me as a friend if you want.

Replies

• VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! Congrats on taking the first step and signing up for MFP. :smile:
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    you can do it cassy!!! call me if you need some positive reinforcement!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Welcome! I focus on 10 lbs at a time to break things up, so you've got the right idea. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am new here too and I would like to welcome you ! I have added you as a friend and hopefully we can encourage each other :D
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If you have lost lbs before you can do it again plus more!!
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend too. Just have a look at some of the success stories on here for inspiration.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i'll be your friend!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking the steps to a healthier life! Also, definitely good job breaking it up into managable segments. If you look at the whole picture, it gets really overwhelming. You can do it!
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You'll actually be shocked at how fast it come off at first and that keeps you going. Then you keep going because you look and feel so much better! : )
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    youve come to the right place. the support from the members is phenomenol!
    Feel free to FR me!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats to your decision. This site helps so much, you get such good support and it is so easy to take track of the things you do good or bad. Don't get discouraged when you get stuck on a plateau, just keep going, Rome wasn't build in a day either.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I told myself when I was 143.3 lbs that I was done living the life I was living.... I wasn't happy at all!!!! I didnt start MFP until March of this year, but I lost 24.3 lbs in a year before I started MFP, and I was 3/10ths heavier than I was at the end of my first year (Feb 2009 - Feb 2010). Now I am down 34.6 lbs total (12.3 lbs this year alone -- I lost the 2 lbs I had gained back by my 2nd year anniversary plus more). MFP has helped me see how much I'm putting in my body because I had the exercising down, even though 2010 I slacked off with everything and thats why I gained 2 lbs back... I'm proud of myself that I didnt gain any more back, but I am determined to keep all of this off plus lose another 8.7 lbs before I am satisfied!!!! (I hope to achieve that goal by Feb 8th, 2012 which will mark 3 yrs since I started my journey :)) Good Luck with your journey you can do it!!!
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do it and we'll all be there to help! I just got started on here yesterday so we can be newbies together!!! Congratulations, you're going to do great!!! :)
  • rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    You can do this. You will be a stunner and I look forward to seeing the before and after pictures in a few months time.
  • stephski07
    Options
    Hi!!

Welcome to MFP!

My partner and i have been doing this only 10 days now and we can feel a huge difference already. My jeans are looser and I can see that my boyfriend's losing it really fast too. The biggest thing for us was more exercise, we still eat "normal" food but its the portion size that counts and making the right choices. For example the other day i was going to have bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast but it was way too many calories for breakfast and didnt leave me enough for lunch and dinner so i just had some fruit and a brioche roll instead. You may find it hard for the first couple of days, we did!, but your stomach soon shrinks and you will probably find that you dont even want that much. Stick with it, it is so worth it, even the pound or 2 you lose in the first week.

Have a look at my food diary if you want and you will see we still have yummy food (saturday we ate out with friends so i did go over by a lot, but it was only 1 day). Also, have a look at a post by "lindsay6694 about 4 days ago called "i surpassed my goal...", she has photos of before and after and she looks amazing, if 1 person can do it, so can we!!

Add me, if you would like to.

Good Luck and stay positive!! xxx.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I've lost my 9 year old already and am working on losing my 12 year old as well!
    We can both get there!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my goal is between 150 and 200, so i am so there with you! but we are here and we are doing this. go us!
  • cmkocher
    Options
    Small goals are the best way to do it. Easier to stay focus and dont forget to reward yourself when you hit those 20lb goals!
  • GypsyQueen
    GypsyQueen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a little late.. hope to still catch you checking your posts. I also have a lot to lose so understand where you are coming from and going thru. I have also lost and regained as you have.
    We both know we have to hang in and be strong. Try not to look at the long haul ahead but just as you said take it a few pounds at a time day by day is good!
    Keeping your family in mind and your health is a good way to keep yourself motivated. Sometimes if we are not able to do it for ourself we can do it for our loved ones. I am sure after you drop some weight and start to notice an improvement in how you feel and look you will be encouraged do it for yourself.
    I will keep you in mind and check on your progress.MFP is a great site, I enjoy reading the posts which help to remind me we are all fighting the same addiction to food we are not alone. Nice to meet you and good luck!
    Oh keep that new dress where you can see it everyday and give it a try on..... soon it will slip right into place.
    Please add me as a friend if you like. Brenda