5'6 ladies....goals, where you're at?

Options
5'6
SW-138(2 weeks ago)
CW -134
Goal-125-129 ish

1500 cals.

Was maintaining between 125-129 for a year but back in march went on a all inclusive trip and lost my mojo. Just really really jumped back on 2 weeks ago.

Replies

• KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Am 5'6, fluctuate 121-125. Goal weight 109. My highest weight was 187. I got down to about 115 but got stressed out over the last few months after an abusive relationship. Have some current digestive issues too so I tend to bloat a lot and chronic constipation.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 128 right now my goal is 125 I really want to get my body fat percent down 20% or less but that would put me way underweight so I'm a little stuck, I usually stick to 1200 calories but these last 2 day's I haven't even logged everything
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.6-5". Current range 140-145, goal range 125-130.
  • wxlaw
    wxlaw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'6
    SW - 140
    CW - 130
    GW - 115-120
    1250 -1500 calories

Going on a diet and exercising because I want to lose my stubborn thigh fat.
  • chispaza
    chispaza Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5'6
    Current range is 145-150.. Goal range is 130-135 but I'm currently focusing on weight training and not worrying about the scale too much. Once I get to where I want to be with lifting, I may focus on cutting a bit. Current calories are 1400-1500 a day so some recomp may happen anyway. If I lose some inches and gain strength at my current weight, I may call it good.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    SW: 256
    CW: 157
    GW: 150 (or at least I will re-evaluate when I get there and see if I'll go lower for a better 'racing weight' or do some strength and recomp)

1560 for .5 per week and you bet your *kitten* I eat those exercise calories back (I use the Runner's World calorie calculation from my runs to determine how much to eat back rather than MFP or my other apps).
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    5ft7in
    SW: 153 lbs
    CW: 149 lbs
    GW: 145 lb - maybe 140 lbs since I'm not 100 % happy with the level of leanness I am at now

Intake: 1600 cals to lose 1lbs per week. I'm cutting, and only have 2 weeks left of my cut but again, will probably extend it until I get to my desired look. Then, I'll reverse diet and will begin bulking.
  • Goingagain
    Goingagain Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5.7 cw 133 gw 129 eating 1400-1500 Cals although I've had a massive blowout the last 4 days, eating about 200-500 over maintenance so trying to get back on it.

I'm lifting weights/crossfit/resistant traning the last 18months so I'm trying to see if there is any nice muscle under the fat.

Going forward I'm happy to change my body composition, loose inches and try gain some muscle
  • mdeshaies89
    mdeshaies89 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5"6 inches
    Starting weight: 178
    Current weight: 178
    Goal weight: 140
    Calories per MFP: 1440

I've been exercising three to four times a week (two days strength/circuit training and two days cardio) for the last five weeks. Also in the last five weeks I've been meeting with a nutritionist, tracking my food, and weighing/measuring everything.

I haven't seen any change in the scale, although I have lost some inches around my waist. My primary focus for strength training has been to strengthen my core since I have a bad back. I'm feeling strong enough to have the two days of cardio, but I'm not sure it's enough to make a difference for my weight goals. If anyone has suggestions or thoughts based on your own experience, I'd love to hear them.

I'm frustrated that I haven't seen any movement in the scale (although I'll never complain about maintaining, though) and am losing motivation to eat healthier foods and such as suggested by my nutritionist because I haven't had much success yet. Does anyone have any healthy and delicious recipes that you enjoy or any suggestions for exercises and/or workout schedules that have worked for you?

It's always been my understanding that ladies of 5"6 height should aim to be between 140 and 150 pounds. In this thread, though, I see a lot of you are aiming to be in the lower 100s. Any thoughts on this?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    5' 5"
    Starting weight: 130 lbs
    Current weight: 125-127 lbs (fluctuates)
    Goal weight: 115-120 lbs (probably closer to 120 depending on how the weight comes off)
    Calories per MFP: 1360
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    5'6"

SW 175 lbs
    CW 161 lbs
    GW 145 lbs and fit easily into size 8 pants.

Currently eat about 1400-1700 calories a day- depends on exercise.
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    5"6 inches
    Starting weight: 178
    Current weight: 178
    Goal weight: 140
    Calories per MFP: 1440

I've been exercising three to four times a week (two days strength/circuit training and two days cardio) for the last five weeks. Also in the last five weeks I've been meeting with a nutritionist, tracking my food, and weighing/measuring everything.

I haven't seen any change in the scale, although I have lost some inches around my waist. My primary focus for strength training has been to strengthen my core since I have a bad back. I'm feeling strong enough to have the two days of cardio, but I'm not sure it's enough to make a difference for my weight goals. If anyone has suggestions or thoughts based on your own experience, I'd love to hear them.

I'm frustrated that I haven't seen any movement in the scale (although I'll never complain about maintaining, though) and am losing motivation to eat healthier foods and such as suggested by my nutritionist because I haven't had much success yet. Does anyone have any healthy and delicious recipes that you enjoy or any suggestions for exercises and/or workout schedules that have worked for you?

It's always been my understanding that ladies of 5"6 height should aim to be between 140 and 150 pounds. In this thread, though, I see a lot of you are aiming to be in the lower 100s. Any thoughts on this?

Don't give up! The weight will come off eventually. If you are losing inches, then you are making solid progress. Some weeks I stay even, other weeks I lose 3 lbs....and seemingly doing similar things??
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5' 6.5"
    SW: 168*
    CW: 152
    GW: 140
    Calories: 1400-1450

*I didn't weigh myself the first two months, nor did I weigh my food, but I dropped a pant size during that time so I was probably ten pounds heavier, give or take, when I began.

• karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5'6.5
    SW-142
    CW-132.7
    GW-130