What Am I Doing Wrong?????????

Options
For 5-6 weeks, I consistently lost 1-2 pounds per week. I was doing great! I was exercising and eating right. With no change in my diet but a boost in exercise (started 30DS, sometimes I walk also but not always), suddenly, at the end of last week--I gained FOUR POUNDS!!! I've lost no measurements with 30DS--instead, I've gotten bigger!

What am I doing wrong????

Please help!

Replies

• JackieP35
    Options
    Are you doing weights?
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    That time of the month? Are you bloated? Or have you taken in Salt?
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You increased your exercise, which is encouraging your body to retain (water especially) so it can repair itself. That's why you're seeing a gain. Drink more water and keep going, hopefully you'll see the weight come off. Also, make certain you aren't undereating or overreporting your exercise in the process. :smile:
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It is probaly just muscle gain.....take your measurements....
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can't tell. Your food diary is not open to the public. *shrugs shoulders*
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Are you doing weights?

Just small hand weights with the 30DS. From what I read, it didn't seem as though that should make a difference...or am I confused?
  • veggiepug
    Options
    You increased your exercise, which is encouraging your body to retain (water especially) so it can repair itself. That's why you're seeing a gain. Drink more water and keep going, hopefully you'll see the weight come off. Also, make certain you aren't undereating or overreporting your exercise in the process. :smile:

I agree.

From what I understand, exercise can make you retain water because your muscles are being broken down (tiny tears), so they hold onto water in order to repair themselves.

In my experience, when I first start exercising after a log stretch without exercise (or if I boost my exercise) it takes 1-2 weeks before the scale catches up.

I would highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor with a chest strap so that you are not over estimating your calories burned.