Divorced 25 year old want/need to loose 50 lbs. Any tips? Motivation partners?

Options
Ive started out by ditching my beloved sweet tea... drinking unsweetened tea with lemon. Its very hard for me to just drink water. Cutting out junk food, and walking a mile every day. Would love to meet someone who will help keep me motivated!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Quitting sweet tea I thought was going to be hard but now I prefer unsweetened and the sweet tastes awful. Here is a water tip, get a Hydro-Flask. My daughter got me one for father's day and it never leaves my side. I can keep water cold sitting on the front seat of my truck all day in the sun. Start with walking and add some distance. When you get up to about three miles start running short intervals. Over time you can transition to all running if you like. I did this and went from "I can't run" to "half marathons are for fun"
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm a triathlete and weightlifter - over the last couple of years I've lost 20 lbs of fat and put on 20 lbs of muscle using a proper diet and exercise. I can give you some very sound advice with a lot of personal experience to back it up. I was just another guy with a desk job and love handles a few years back.

Message / add me if you'd like to talk at all.
  • Brittanygail92
    Brittanygail92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Click into their profile (on the website, via their username on a post - dunno about the app) and hit Add as Friend.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ive started out by ditching my beloved sweet tea... drinking unsweetened tea with lemon. Its very hard for me to just drink water. Cutting out junk food, and walking a mile every day. Would love to meet someone who will help keep me motivated!

Don't eliminate "junk" food, instead manage portions. I allow myself at least one treat every day. Just not the unlimited treats of the past. My focus is MODERATION.

Anyone can eliminate for a time, but what happens after you are done dieting? Weight loss is just the first step. Moderation is a good tool for maintenance.