Tag Your Fit!! :)

Options
So recently I was tagged to do a Tag Your Fit video, It was kind of emotional for me to think about, but I did it anyways. & It got me wondering and thinking. I would honestly LOVE to know everyones answer to these questions. So I've decided to tag all of you lurking in this thread right now. Basically you just answer three questions , that I'll list below. I'll post my answers at the bottom.

1.When in your life has your weight ever held you back? ( you can list as many things as you'd like )
2.Do you have a significant goal piece of clothing you want to fit into?
3. What is your number one weightloss tip?

I'm very excited to read all the different answers.

as for my answers, you can find them in my Tag your fit video :)

http://youtu.be/TRTlHbTOnew

if that doesnt work then my utube username is weightinforhappiness

please subscribe if you'd like! :)

So dont forget im tagging all of you! :) So let the answers begin!

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Lovely post. I look forward to reading everyone else's responses :)

1. In middle school, body shape held me back. I wasn't 'fat', but I wasn't a supermodel either. I was ashamed of my extra blubber, I didn't let myself wear flattering clothes. I felt inferior to everyone else, and thus had trouble pursuing friendships.
    In high school, weight held me back. Anorexia formed from my low self-esteem, and I became severely underweight. My grades slipped, my social life disappeared, my relationship with family imploded. I was even held back for two years in my Jazz dance classes because I'd become far too weak to perform.
    Now it's my shape once again. I am ashamed of the awful eating habits I've gotten into. I'm ashamed of constant bloating, and it's keeping me from seeking friends or even going into public at times.

2. No goal clothes... I do want to look good in form-fitting shirts again, though.

3. #1 tip: strength training. Plymetrics, calisthenics, and weight lifting have helped define my body shape and cause tremendous results in very little time.
  • jodoho001
    Options
    1.When in your life has your weight ever held you back? ( you can list as many things as you'd like )

a. Everytime I hop on a plane and quietly ask for the extra length for the seat belt.
    b. A couple of times at work when some *kitten* has parked to close to me and I havnt been able to slip between the two and slide into my car because the gap wasnt wide enough - so I had to call a parking attendant to help me push my car out of the car space so I could leave. ( I still think people who park too close are ignorant) - however if I was smaller it probably wouldnt have been a problem.
    (I could probably do "c to z" but I think those two stand out for me at the moment)

A nice pair of Jeans I brought a few years ago - which I have never worn :blushing:

One day at a time - sweet Jesus.
  • alz139
    alz139 Posts: 36
    Options
    Really interesting post! Found the title really interesting so thought I'd have a look! As you've tagged me, I've answered below. Lol!

This is hard! Mainly because it isn't easy to think about this forget share it on here. In my last year of school, I didn't attend my leavers ball because I hated the way I looked especially in a dress. Also avoided balls for societies in uni. I love tennis, used to play a lot, being SO overweight meant I haven't been able to play as well as I know I could have if I hadn't put on weight.

Yes, I would love to be able to fit bak into my tennis kit from when I played club tennis, 7 years ago! It would mean a lot to be that size again and hopefully as fit as I was then! Would also love to be able to fit into my sister's clothes! lol!

Workout hard and eat lots of protein!
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    I can honestly relate to all of you. In the future we can all look back on the things that our weight held us back on and list everything we defeated by overcoming it. Thank you girls so much for sharing. i know sometimes its hard to think about and admit. you are all amazing. and remember its one day at a time.
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    Lovely post. I look forward to reading everyone else's responses :)

1. In middle school, body shape held me back. I wasn't 'fat', but I wasn't a supermodel either. I was ashamed of my extra blubber, I didn't let myself wear flattering clothes. I felt inferior to everyone else, and thus had trouble pursuing friendships.
    In high school, weight held me back. Anorexia formed from my low self-esteem, and I became severely underweight. My grades slipped, my social life disappeared, my relationship with family imploded. I was even held back for two years in my Jazz dance classes because I'd become far too weak to perform.
    Now it's my shape once again. I am ashamed of the awful eating habits I've gotten into. I'm ashamed of constant bloating, and it's keeping me from seeking friends or even going into public at times.

2. No goal clothes... I do want to look good in form-fitting shirts again, though.

3. #1 tip: strength training. Plymetrics, calisthenics, and weight lifting have helped define my body shape and cause tremendous results in very little time.

what is calithenics?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1.When in your life has your weight ever held you back?
    My lack of fitness held me back more than my weight. I was ok with how I looked. A little self-conscious, but ok with it. It was the fact that I couldn't jog one block without wheezing for hours afterward that bugged me.

Yep! And I did! Several times over!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/like-omigawd-totally-125431
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300102-my-20-year-old-genie-costume-challenge

EAT! Don't be afraid of food. It's your fuel. A car without gas in the tank can only run downhill.
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    1.When in your life has your weight ever held you back?
    My lack of fitness held me back more than my weight. I was ok with how I looked. A little self-conscious, but ok with it. It was the fact that I couldn't jog one block without wheezing for hours afterward that bugged me.

Yep! And I did! Several times over!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/like-omigawd-totally-125431
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300102-my-20-year-old-genie-costume-challenge

EAT! Don't be afraid of food. It's your fuel. A car without gas in the tank can only run downhill.

your tip is so true! Lol. and love your topics!! :)
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    bumpin, you all are so shy! :P
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

what is calithenics?

It's bodyweight exercises... think jump lunges, burpees, squat kicks, etc.