BLOODY SCALES MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Options
Right bit T'd off this morning got on scales showed me #st 1.8lbs then i thought id put it in to mfp and was happy whooo 1lb lost so just went back on literally 1 min later its showing #st 2.4lbs how and why would it do that now if i adjust mfp ill put on that weight arggggh help.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Are your scales on a hard, even surface?
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine are super sensitive to the slightest uneveness, normally its the floor towel just touching the edge. This morning mine said I had lost 2kg, I thought stuff it, I'm recording it lol. I suspect there was dirt or something my 3 year old had left on the floor under it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Did you not trust the first reading? Up to you what reading you use. One minute later would result in the same reading on my scale, maybe some sort of memory in my digital scale..

As mentioned check/replace batteries, flat surface clear of dirt/objects, or replace it if needed.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    "One minute later would result in the same reading on my scale, maybe some sort of memory in my digital scale."
    This is my scale too.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    thats why i only step on mine once a day at most.

the numbers change constantly.

the overall trend is what you want to watch.

if you start getting numbers WAY out of whack repeatedly, it may be time to change batteries. my weight has a bout a 5 pound range it fluctuates in, so if i get a # outside of that range consistently for a couple of days, i change the batteries.
  • Insain1
    Insain1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    maybe its the batteries? i usually dont ever move them, just keep them where they are. Weighed myself again because wishful thinking i went to the loo so out of curiosity i jumped bk on to them , just to see an increase. Usually it stays the same no matter how many times i get on or off.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My scale has a memory thing for what i weighed previously, i always stand on it with a 2L bottle of soda first, get off, put the soda back and then get on it again.

Just stand on it with 1 foot. Does the same thing (resets it) without having to have something heavy handy.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    My scale has a memory thing for what i weighed previously, i always stand on it with a 2L bottle of soda first, get off, put the soda back and then get on it again.

I may or may not have a dumbbell in my bathroom for this reason...