Need advice, can't post on facebook

Options

Replies

• caittroy1234
    caittroy1234 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Married 25 years. Twice friends organised strippers for me. My hen do and when I emigrated and while I was super uncomfortable about the scenario, I just laughed it off. I honestly cant see the big deal as you are not being unfaithful to your husband. I had to rub oil on horrid guy at one event, enough to make you puke. My hubby would only see a problem if I was insecure about it and if I made it into a big deal. Chill girl its for your friend. Its not you rhat has to take part, just laugh it off.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Hey, technical user here.

If you don't have the ability to post on Facebook, you should try restarting your device. If that doesn't work, are you sure wherever you're trying to write has the ability to actually do that. Sometimes friends turn off walls and you won't be able to leave any messages for them.

If all else fails, strip away all the addons in your browser (like ad-block) and try again.

Lastly, you can submit a request to Facebook support and I'm sure if you put a $5 bill in Mark Zuckerberg's belt he'll service you right away.

Sincerely,
    Oscar Oblivious

I'm guessing the OP couldn't post on Facebook due to it being a personal situation that might offend the bride/friends/husband etc?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    This would be a lighthearted and funny conversation between me and my husband. He wouldn't care in the least and neither would I if strippers were attending. I am not sure how to word it other than if you have trust, respect, etc. today it does not fly out the window because a party is going to have strippers. Strippers are just a novelty at the party.

Anyhoo this is a conversation between you two and when the foundation of marriage is right, something like this should not be a big deal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    Can't figure out why looking at a naked body of someone else other than your SO is so taboo. I can promise you that just about every man has seen another naked body other than his SO's just watching movies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I think if you're there just chilling out and looking it's no big deal. Trying to hit them up outside the club for a quickie afterwards is a problem however ...
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "I'm sorry, can I use your bathroom?" If it starts to get uncomfortable.

You are not backwards. Respect for your spouse is not backwards. I wouldn't like it either, but I would look for an excuse to bow out like a bathroom break or grab a drink from the kitchen or step outside to call and check on baby.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Stand out of the way and gaze at your navel.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Is your husband gonna be this concerned if he was at a bachelor party with strippers
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite to the bachelorette party! Woo hoo! We're going to have a great time! But when the stripper(s) start the show, I'll be going back to my room for the night. It's nothing personal.

No, no, I'm not offended. Watching strippers just isn't my thing and me and my husband are both on the same page with that. Absolutely! You ladies have a great time and I'll be happy too, ordering room service and watching pay per view.

No, I'm not a prude. No, no, my husband doesn't keep me on tight leash silly! You'll see after you're married. Keeping each other happy by respecting each other's wishes is the way to go. Trust me, it's better to do it that way. You'll be happier! My husband walks the straight and narrow and I love that. That's why I married him and I do too. Oh, you didn't know? Sorry. Yeah.

Like I said, I'll be having all the funsies, but stripper time for the rest of you is bedtime for me. No. I'm sure the stripper won't be offended. No. I don't want to lick whipped cream off his balls, ha ha ha! Oh you wicked little minx! But you go ahead, please! No, of course I won't tell. I won't even be there so I don't even need to know the particulars. Bon appetit!

I love you haha
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You say 'if' they get a stripper. Have you asked? This may be much ado about nothing. And if they do, I like @newmeadow 's approach.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    To ypur point rugratz, your right it ia a big if question, I'm a crazy person who stresses too much and can't sleep because I'm stressed about being away from my little one. If there happens to be one, I just need to remember Its for her, not me and like I said if something gives me that uncomfprtable feel then I will excuse myself.

If you're really that uncomfortable being in the room If a stripper turns up then pretend you've just got a call from your hubby and step outside and give him a call.

Don't be stressing about being away from your little one, as long as they have someone to look after them then they'll be fine, and it will do you good to have some time away, I always feel rejuvenated after a bit of time to myself.

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Give him a big ole slap on the *kitten*! Oh, and make sure you bring plenty of one dollar bills! (I've been married 15 yrs and have 2 kids. I would take selfies with the stripper giving me a lap-dance and send them to my husband because he'd get a good chuckle out of it.)
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If your husband thinks you're disrespecting him by being at a friend's bachelorette party where there will be another man dancing in his undies, then yeah, I think that qualifies as insecurity or at least controlling behavior on his part. If he thinks this is somehow disrespect to him or a threat to your marriage, hell yeah, that's insecure. How are you disrespecting him by being present? I think you're really feeling guilty about having a good time and about being away from him and your child while doing it.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you are uncomfortable leave. True friends understand these things and won't get butthurt over it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    If you are uncomfortable leave. True friends understand these things and won't get butthurt over it.

I agree with this. If you start to feel uncomfortable just tell your friend that you've had a wonderful time but are heading back to your room now. She'll be okay.