10 lbs quickly

Options
Healthiest way to lose 10lbs in 12 days without exercising. I’m having surgery for hip replacement on the 31st. I really need to lose 10lbs to help with rehab. I have lost 30lbs in the last 4 months and need the last 10 to reach my goal.

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Impossible.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    It isn't possible to lose that much fat in 12 days. I couldn't lose that much fat in 12 days if I stopped eating completely.

Exactly.

You're better off taking a healthy approach. That way the weight stays off.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    cant do it.

unless you want to cut off a body part, that is.

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Never gonna happen. Even unhealthily.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said, not possible unless you are very obese and you can drop a lot of water weight that will come right back on again.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Build a time machine - go back 10 weeks or so - start there.

Really 10 lbs in only 12 days just isn't a reasonable/realistic goal at all.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen. No point in stressing yourself out pre-surgery. Eat nutritiously so your body is prepared for recovery. I'd stick to a modest deficit (around 250 calories under TDEE) and try to get a lot of healthy veggies, protein and fats so you're feeling great for your surgery day. Good luck.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Not possible. I don't mean unlikely. I mean impossible. 3500cal a day deficit is needed each day and without exercise even if you don't eat anything at all you still can't make this defict because your body just doesn't burn that much.
  • Christine_2017
    Christine_2017 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It can be done VERY UNSAFELY. I have done it in years past and I was at a 'normal' BMI (23) however I made myself SO unwell. It was water and muscle wastage I'm positive. I ate nothing but cabbage soup and I had no energy, my stomach hurt, my skin was bad, I was short tempered. It was not a nice experience. If someone has recommended that loss in that timeframe to you they need their licence revoking!
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If your surgeon requires the extra 10# off before surgery, then delay the surgery. I would spend these 12 days probably at maintenance or just slightly below to avoid any weight gain. Your weight after the surgery may be a little off with the IV fluids and inflammation. I would talk to a dietician either pre-op or just before going home to help determine your caloric, protein, and other nutritional requirements for healing. This won't be a time for a massive deficit as it may impair your ability to heal and regain your full range of motion and ability. It doesn't mean you need a huge caloric surplus either, but I would focus on healing and regaining your strength through your whole post-operative period- I would assume you will have PT. Once cleared for full activity you will likely be right on track to resume achieving your goals. Trying to take shortcuts now will possibly hamper your progress which could have lasting implications.