Options
melindaHAM0902
melindaHAM0902 Posts: 21 Member
What's your opionion on intermittent fasting? 16/8

Replies

• unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Ive done 16/8 and it 20/4 for 24 days solid.. I highly recommend it!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have intermittent windshield wipers. They work ok until the window gets a bit too dry and the wipers start skipping. Hate that sound.
  • sarcasticarse
    sarcasticarse Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a fasting focused lifestyle since July 2016. Had some great Extended fasts during this.
  • melindaHAM0902
    Options

Im just starting off, im on day 3 lol so far ive noticed im super hungry at night, thus me gaining weight but ive stuck to it so far
  • sarcasticarse
    Options

Im just starting off, im on day 3 lol so far ive noticed im super hungry at night, thus me gaining weight but ive stuck to it so far

Keep it up! I'm currently on day 19
  • unfilterednate
    Options
    Well I guess it helped I was drinking about a gallon of water a day.. and I changed what I was eating to be hearty solid foods, good proteins/fats and veggies.. no fillers - chips and *kitten*, etc
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I do it because that's just naturally how I like to eat, and what works with my schedule. I've eaten this way to lose, maintain and gain. IF is not a diet, it's just an eating schedule that may make it easier for you to stick to your deficit.
  • sarcasticarse
    Options
    I do it because that's just naturally how I like to eat, and what works with my schedule. I've eaten this way to lose, maintain and gain. IF is not a diet, it's just an eating schedule that may make it easier for you to stick to your deficit.

Absolutely! Well said.
  • melindaHAM0902
    Options

How much weight did you lose by the way?
  • unfilterednate
    edited October 2017
    Options

Not much, I did not stay much in a caloric deficit - and being as though it wasn't doing a fast to lose weight (I don't really recommend restrictions of food in that way) I did it to break my sugar/carb habit and to kick start my ketosis
  • melindaHAM0902
    Options
    I have been doing a fasting focused lifestyle since July 2016. Had some great Extended fasts during this.

Hows your weight loss so far?
  • melindaHAM0902
    Options

Not much, I did not stay much in a caloric deficit - and being as though it wasn't a fast to lose weight (I don't really recommend restrictions of food in that way) I did it to break my sugar/carb habit and to kick start my ketosis

Oh ok thank you
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I've also just started (Monday). Some days I manage 16 hours and some I manage 20 hours. That said, I still drink coffee because on Monday I dudn't and was so freakin dazed I couldn't get anything done. I'm planning on cutting down the coffee along the way. So far, so good. I never have really been a breakfast type of person though