10 lbs quickly

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_2017
    Christine_2017 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It can be done VERY UNSAFELY. I have done it in years past and I was at a 'normal' BMI (23) however I made myself SO unwell. It was water and muscle wastage I'm positive. I ate nothing but cabbage soup and I had no energy, my stomach hurt, my skin was bad, I was short tempered. It was not a nice experience. If someone has recommended that loss in that timeframe to you they need their licence revoking!

And if they do a pre op blood test they will.no doubt cancel any op.as she isn't healthy enough to tolerate the anesthesia

Agreed! I absolutely wouldn't recommend even trying, it's really not worth undoing all the good work you have done losing weight steadily and healthily OP x
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Had anybody suggested meth yet? You'll stop eating, get all jittery, and your teeth will fall out. Plus you'll burn a lot of calories running from the police after robbing a 711.

But that doesn't cover the safely part. At the rate you want to lose, nothing will make it happen safely.

ROFLMAO.....
  • fighting2bfit89
    fighting2bfit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it's not possible. I'm sure your doctor doesn't expect you to lose 10lbs in 12 days & if they do expect you to then you need a new doctor. Worst case just delay your surgery. Good luck to you.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Safe and quick weight loss is an oxymoron
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Healthiest way to lose 10lbs in 12 days without exercising. I’m having surgery for hip replacement on the 31st. I really need to lose 10lbs to help with rehab. I have lost 30lbs in the last 4 months and need the last 10 to reach my goal.

You need to talk to your doctor. If you need the weight off before the surgery then the surgery should be delayed.
    Losing more than 2 lbs a week is not a healthy weight loss plan. I can't imagine your medical team wants you to do unsafe dieting just days before surgery.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Not possible. I don't mean unlikely. I mean impossible. 3500cal a day deficit is needed each day and without exercise even if you don't eat anything at all you still can't make this defict because your body just doesn't burn that much.

not true! i had giardia and lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. Worst diet plan ever! I also ended up in the er.

*feel like I need to add this really did happen to me, but is a tongue and cheek response. Sometimes interwebz not get sarcasm.

The OP said without exercise.
    This means her sedentiary TDEE needs to be at least 3500cals a day. Which it isn't (I'm going to blindly assume OP is less than 500lbs).

So it is true.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    didn't try this but my trainer at the gym, who lost 65lbs said she ate fish & asparagus 6 times a day for a week to lose last pounds at the boot camp she was at

Man, her wee would have *stank*

^ That was the first thing I thought as well!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Not

Possible
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You are having surgery...you do not need to go into surgery weak, dehydrated, electrolytes off or anemic due to crash dieting. All you will lose will be water weight and a slight bit of fat. You will put yourself at a higher risk for complications or death. Eat healthy, exercise and drink lots of water. The narcotics for your hip replacement will give you constipation after surgery. If you are dehydrated prior to surgery this will worsen after surgery. If anything you want to up the fiber in your diet. Good luck...in the end if everything goes well, surgery, post op recovery and then PT to rehab your new hip....then eat healthy and diet.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Have you been given a pre op diet?

If so stick to your doctors reccomendation and forget about losing an arbitrary amount

Afterwards you really need to be eating at maintenance to aid in recovery. Trying to maintain a deficit will slow down recovery as your body tries to heal itself. It needs the calories for this
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    didn't try this but my trainer at the gym, who lost 65lbs said she ate fish & asparagus 6 times a day for a week to lose last pounds at the boot camp she was at

AT BOOT CAMP.

OP said no exercise.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I had the flu for two weeks last year...lost a little under 10lbs during that time. It was miserable and I would NOT recommend.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

Oh man, those are two of my favorite foods, but the thought of eating them six times a day for a week makes me feel like ralphing.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Oh man, those are two of my favorite foods, but the thought of eating them six times a day for a week makes me feel like ralphing.

I can only imagine how rank her pee smelled. lol