What is the most supportive thing someone has done for you on your journey?

Options
124»

Replies

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I’m along the same lines. Just not having my food questioned or criticized, or the worst .. guilted. I know eating can be social and many family members feel it’s personal when you want to do your own thing. I appreciate when someone just lets me do what I’m doing without commenting or guilting me.
  • ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That was wonderful of him!! I'm glad you shared your story. When I saw the title of your thread I actually started thinking of what I would write. I think acceptance goes a long way. For me, acceptance and love from my boyfriend, friends, and family of me before starting my health/weight loss journey meant a lot and helped my gain a confident, more empowered attitude.
    When I gained weight it presented itself in some unflattering ways (my stomach is my most difficult area). I told my boyfriend I was disappointed that I couldn't find my one piece swimsuit for a vacation and he said to just pack my two piece. He didn't even give it a second thought.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging someone on their health journey, but you can tell when someone genuinely accepts you just as you are- extra weight and all.

The first time I mentioned feeling overweight to my boyfriend (probably about 3 years ago at this point) he said "you look the same to me". And then picked me up so that he could argue that because he could still pick me up I wasn't heavy at all.
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My husband is extremely supportive of my efforts... as many have mentioned in this thread, he is not tracking his food intake himself. I am in week 13 of a 16-week phase in which I am counting my macros and trying to be very precise and diligent about this. He gives me time to prep food by picking up other responsibilities, doesn't touch my pre-weighed/prepped/cooked/etc foods, and he has willingly accepted that we won't be going to many restaurants for several months. He is just all around supportive and encouraging and I love him for it!
  • himenaya
    himenaya Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hubby buys me meal plan trays to support my meal planning. :blush:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    The most supportive thing my husband does is not complain About the amount of money I spend on gym membership dues, new shoes every 200-300 miles,
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Honestly it was my husband asking why I was weighing and logging all my food when I clearly did not like doing it.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1s8536hwzrwv.jpg
    My DH packs my lunch and includes a note with all of the weights listed <3
  • hlh326
    hlh326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had two really nice things done for me. After telling my sister what I'm doing, she ordered me a food scale. Then, at work one night, I found a letter on my desk from a coworker. It said that my weight loss and eating habits are inspiring and she put a $50 gift card for the grocery store in the envelope. I was amazed and so thankful. I just couldn't believe that *I* could possibly ever inspire anyone else with weight loss. I still have a looooongggg way to go, but it's such a great motivator knowing that others are inspired by me. I can't get over that!
  • thegeans
    thegeans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My mom always likes to send me home with food when I leave her house. This last time she really went the extra mile because as she said "you're doing so great!"

80st6sbsvc5r.png
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    OH is taking a keen interest in my success and have started 5/2 himself. I track, but nice to see him making an effort too.