Practical Jokes

Options

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    when I used to have a job I would add items to co-worker's "To Do" list that they would have on their desk or on a white board. Sometimes it would be stuff like "clean out belly button". Had to keep it pretty clean.

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Ask someone to page Mike Hunt...

Fill out a couple of hundred magazine subscription cards in someone's name (I did this once, long ago, to a miserable prick of a neighbor...the mailman had to use a hand truck!)

Master the art of the phony phone call. This is not so easy anymore with caller ID, but it can still be hilarious. I've used the Chinese food delivery ruse a couple of times with great results...

Smoke bombs and stink bombs are always a big hit, but be careful in environments with central HVAC...it will spread where you didn't intend!

There used to be small stickers of yellow screws that could be placed over the red hearts on those idiotic "I heart my Cocker Spaniel" bumper stickers...

Writing imaginative stuff in the dust on someone's car is fun for the drivers behind them. Writing backward on the outside of the window is fun for the person driving.

Crazy gluing office implements onto the desk - staplers, tape dispensers, pens, etc. (full strength acetone nail polish will release them) Just make sure it's not anything personal or necessarily valuable.

We have had a lot of fun photoshopping people's family photos. We make a scanned copy, then store the original safely, and 'edit' the copy, and place it back in the frame, then wait til they notice! Like inserting Marvel Comic heroes or the Three Stooges into photos of family gatherings...

I once made a pan of brownies just very lightly laced with cayenne pepper and left it on the counter in the cafeteria. Everyone thought they were coming down with something...!

There have been many MANY other examples of hijinks over the years, but these are a few I remember right now. If only I could get paid for this stuff!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    hf60tieqb6a8.jpg
    Done this, but placed the horn under the "drop" lever so there was no easy recovery. Victim sat down, chair height dropped horn would not shut off...

One of my more regular things is to add apiece of clear tape to either the mic or ear piece of a desk phone (makes things quiet for somebody) and/or add a little dirty tape to obscure the sensor on someone's mouse.

Most of the keyboards/mice are wireless in the office that I'm in, swapping a mouse (or keyboard) into an adjacent cube can be a big hit as well.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Co-worker left his computer unlocked.

I took a screenshot, saved it, closed all his programs, and made the screenshot into his wallpaper. Confusion and hilarity.

I've done this too, add to that, reverse the mouse so it moves the opposite direction that it's supposed to.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I printed male pin up pictures, blew up my coworkers head and put them on the pictures. I basically made a calendar "Naughty November" Etc. it became such a thing that people started adding to it and he had like 20 pics by the time we were done they stayed up for like 2 years. a7fhmdxws2db.png
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    I blew up an elementary school pic (mullett, pre-braces, etc.) of a coworker, turned it into a Missing Child poster and put it up in our breakroom. Behind it I had pics slowly panning out to see his name in the yearbook. It was a really bad photo of him. I put it up when he had a couple of days off so everyone could see it, including the girl he had a thing for. He was not amused when he came in for his next shift.

Haha. That's terrible. Sounds more like bullying than pranking.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Co-worker left his computer unlocked.

I took a screenshot, saved it, closed all his programs, and made the screenshot into his wallpaper. Confusion and hilarity.

I've done this too, add to that, reverse the mouse so it moves the opposite direction that it's supposed to.

Love that!

In the early days of smartphones, I had a co-worker who's favorite thing in the entire world was to find someone's unlocked blackberry and send a random e-mail from it. We all learned, very quickly, never to just leave your blackberry on your desk if you went to the bathroom or the printer or something. His messages were always harmless, always hilarious, but our employer put the SMACKDOWN on him.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I did this to my ol' lady years ago. She worked at Burger King, and friends of mine used some app to change your phone # and voice. I called her phone (as if it was her work) and said I was one of her manager's. I told her she had to come in that evening and work. She text me after getting off of the phone that she had to work. We drove up and waited for her to show up. She wasn't thrilled when she found out it was just a prank. LOL.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Switched the regular/decaf coffee pots so my coworker was drinking decaf coffee for about a week. He was really intense.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    And old boss who was a total p ussy, we put a fake vagina on his desk.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    A former coworker is kind of freaked out by little people. While on vacation, my other coworkers took all the pictures of Verne Troyer (Mini-Me) they could find and hid them all over her office. She'd open a drawer - Verne Troyer. She'd use three pieces of paper on her pad - Verne Troyer. Open an envelope flap - Verne. Turn the calendar to November (months later) - there was Verne.

Another coworker (actually a supervisor) was severely color blind. To the point that our work was color coded in the filing cabinet and they gave him white because it was the only color he was sure of. While he was out we switched his computer monitor color combinations to nothing but reds and greens.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    On Halloween I used spray on Halloween temporary hair colour and sprayed nasty messages on a friends car thinking it would wash off...it did not
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I replaced a friends glass of Coke with Guinness when she went to the bathroom...the face she made when she took a sip was priceless
  • Grimmerick
    edited October 2017
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I stay away from doing stuff like this cos I tend to somehow upset those who I do the joke on and they come after me with full force .

Jesus,what they hell are you doing to those people? :#:D
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I once emptied someone's jar of protein and replaced its contents with Swiss Miss.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    On Halloween I used spray on Halloween temporary hair colour and sprayed nasty messages on a friends car thinking it would wash off...it did not

Oh that sucks! lol funny though