claritin

Options
2»

Replies

• valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It would surprise me that you lose weight because it can surpress your eating.

When I had a severe severe allergy problem, I was on Sudafed (you had to sign
    at the counter) and I"m telling you I could have gone like 10 hours without eating.
    I had NOOOOOOO appetite. But after a few days of being on it, I felt like it was
    becoming a crutch for not eating and I thought I would get addicted to that...
    so, I got off it and haven't taken since. I know the drug worked for my
    allergies, but I was afraid to have IT CONTROL ME... I need to control me :)

P.S. When I did eat, it was small portions because my taste buds were all out
    of whack -- AND AND to top it all off, my taste buds were off for about 6 months
    later. But, I couldnt taste anything sweet -- no chocolate, no candy -- and I
    couldnt taste 'sweet fruits" believe me, its not as groovy (we need to get that
    word back in our language again --its fun!) as it sounds. Taste buds are
    back but some times they are quirky
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    206163_10151077555463465_1515228803_n1.jpg
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    as a pharmacist, i am rolling my eyes at this post.. :indifferent:

I'm not a pharmacist (although I am a big fan; one of my first "big books" as a child was a PDR my dad brought home from work), and I'm rolling my eyes. Hard. :ohwell:
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Excuse if I get bent out of shape but people ask questions because of curiosity
    sometimes -- not that they are actually planning to do something sinister or try
    to beat the system in anyway...

Please dont get nasty by rolling eyes at someone's post. This is why some
    people get off of MFP -- because of comments like this.

Like mama says :
    "If you don't have anything nice to say.... then shut the FLIP UP"
    ....or something like that :)
  • Lilchilipie
    Lilchilipie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I took a Claritin D yesterday and it helped with sneezing, running nose and sinus pressure. I also noticed throughout the entire day I wasn't thinking about food. I imagine it was the Claritin D that made me not feel hungry.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    my husband takes claritin and has been taking it for years. he has just lost some weight because he was overweight. if claritin helped with weight loss, he would have been thin LONG ago.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    206163_10151077555463465_1515228803_n1.jpg

THIS IS HILARIOUS! THAT WOULD BE MY MOTHER!
  • mmarmaro
    mmarmaro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's true it suppresses your appetite because it's a stimulant. I asked my pharmacy why I had no appetite and couldn't sleep while on Claritin D. I was told yes it is a side effect.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nice necro bump.
  • Trihamme
    Trihamme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So, I just found this forum because I just started Loratadine and just don't have an appetite at all. I've hardly eaten for four days and did a google search of why I lost my appetite and if the meds could be the reason. So I suppose it's valid, though probably just a side effect. I expect it to wear off eventually. I haven't come across much that takes away my appetite for long... :smiley:
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I must be boring. I only take Claritan for my seasonal allergies. I've really got to work on my street cred. 😞
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    2011!!! :s
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    hd2208 wrote: »
    i take claritin daily from march to september....doesn;t help my weight loss!!!

This is me or I can’t breathe for the summer. I also drink a lot of coffee. Gained 10lbs this summer. Oops! #doingitwrong