Over 200 Club: Week 2 (open group)

Options

Replies

• KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me hop on, guys! I am headed to the Y in a bit so I will do some logging! Have a great afternoon!
  • rosered51
    Options
    WTG PINK!!!:flowerforyou: That is an awesome job so far. I have my before and after pics in my miniscule workout clothes and they are on my mirror so EVERY day I am forced to see where I was and how far I have come! That is such a STRONG motivator!

So far today...I MADE IT THROUGH LEVEL 1 on my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd. OMG I was moaning and panting and grunting, but I DID IT!!! That dvd really challenged me and I can't tell you how hard it was...I only made it 10 minutes the first time before I turned it off and put in a power walking dvd so this made me soooooo proud of myself!:blushing: I would NEVER have thought 20 minutes could be sooooo grueling! That woman is TOUGH!

I am now going for a walk with my doggie....I feel bad that I am letting him down on all the fun! He loves to walk and I have not been doing my exercising at home. So today we are off for 2+ miles!

So far today I have 20 minutes in, I am getting ready to add more so I'll report back later! Good luck Over 200 club! I can't wait to see how much we challenge ourselves this week to meet the new goals!

BTW...have I told you lately??? I :heart: U GUYS!!!! You are the best!!!:wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy, great challenge that.

I'm doing OK with my calories, but I have to confess to being a real beginner at exercise.

I work full time and its still dark and cold in the mornings/evenings here,so I do a brisk walk at lunchtime and that's about it so far.

I'm way too self conscious to go to class, has anyone any suggestions where I can begin? Go easy on me, I really need to start gently!

Luv Flois

If you are nervous about going out at night, then I would definately keep up your walk during lunch and get a few DVD's to get in your cardio. Sometimes they can be really fun and entertaining and since you are a newbie to exercise, they will teach you the proper techniques so you don't hurt yourself. You may even be able to rent them depending on where you are from :wink:

Once you have enough confidence, I would suggest taking jazzercise or an aerobics class. Not only are there all sizes and physiques but it is really really fun and you make friends who will hold you accountable!
    As I always say, 10 minutes is better than not even trying to get in some exercise. One cannot be successful without some form of exercise and for many in our situation, it takes a lot to conquer fears of exercising! So just say "Im going to do this" and make it fun in your own creative way!
    Flois,

Libraries often have workout DVDs and Netflix has many, so do some larger DVD rental places. You can buy them fairly inexpensively on Amazon.com or Ebay, too. Yes, it is winter, but we have to improvise - I live in the cold too.
    I also have resistence bands for strength training (I bought the GoFit set - comes with training DVDs for all levels of fitness, from Amazon for $19.99 with three DVDs and the bands.)
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    75 min. of cardio for me today :) I try to get a few extra minutes in during the weekend when I have time. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    90 min of WATP for me I hope it counts as cardio cause I did 6 miles LOL..I added it with my Jillian Michaels.....talk about sweaty!!:drinker:
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    Heyy everyone!! So I just took some before and after pics for the 12 lbs I lost!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39865-i-never-noticed-a-difference-until-tonight

Be sure to let me know what you think! I am so proud of myself and this is motivated me more than ever to keep going!

Pink: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!! You definately look like you have thinned out :-) Way to go! Keep doing that and soon you might have to find a new favorite shirt! Congrats, you should be SO proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
    Aww thanks! Yeah I am definitely proud of myself. Im going to keep taking the pictures as a motivator for me. This way I can track my progress.
  • rosered51
    Options
    Ok, I did my walk with my dog so another 45 minutes for me! That makes 65 minutes total for today!! YEAH!!:drinker:
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    90 minutes for me today! WHEW... I was at the gym for 2 hours! I feel FANTASTIC! I have only had a slim fast shake today... WOO HOO... I need to go eat something :-)

Rose: We :heart: you too!!!

Everyone is doing so great! You all are such motivators to me! Where do I get the Jillian Michaels DVD? I really want it!!!
  • rosered51
    Options
    I bought mine on Amazon for $5.95 + $3 S&H. WHAT A DEAL!

You can buy them from Jillian's website or on Amazon or on Ebay...shop around I did saved 1/2 of what Jillan's web site charged for the DVD with S&H. Course it was used, but it is in EXCELLENT condition. Just make sure to check the feedback on the seller if you are going to buy from a site other than Jillian's or another retail outlet!

Good Luck...I am going to try it again tomorrow and report back. Those 20 minutes must be like at least 2 hrs at the gym!!!! :laugh: (in my humble opinion:blushing: )

She also has 2 new dvd's out this month. I got the 30 day shred because so many MFP'ers were raving about it...I am not disappointed. I may need to build up, but the feeling of accomplishment today was incalculable!
  • tdenotter
    tdenotter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    boy I only did about 40 mins today,
  • Danyelljim
    Options
    Okay! I need help! I have been eating and exercising for the past 6 weeks and I have lost a total of 26 pounds and 9 inches. Which is great and I'm very happy with the progress.. But.....I weighed my self today and I gained 1 pound! Yikes! I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I exercise twice a day once in the morning and evening. I burn about 1000 calories a day from just exercise. So why did I gain a pound? I have a 8000 calorie deficit according to the "tracker"! I am seriously confussed! Do you think I'm not eating enough? Too much exercise? Is my body thinking I'm "starving" and not shedding fat now?? Help any advise would be greatly appreciated! :sad:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    90 minutes for me today! WHEW... I was at the gym for 2 hours! I feel FANTASTIC! I have only had a slim fast shake today... WOO HOO... I need to go eat something :-)

Everyone is doing so great! You all are such motivators to me! Where do I get the Jillian Michaels DVD? I really want it!!!

I saw the Shred DVD at Target today for $14.98!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Okay! I need help! I have been eating and exercising for the past 6 weeks and I have lost a total of 26 pounds and 9 inches. Which is great and I'm very happy with the progress.. But.....I weighed my self today and I gained 1 pound! Yikes! I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I exercise twice a day once in the morning and evening. I burn about 1000 calories a day from just exercise. So why did I gain a pound? I have a 8000 calorie deficit according to the "tracker"! I am seriously confussed! Do you think I'm not eating enough? Too much exercise? Is my body thinking I'm "starving" and not shedding fat now?? Help any advise would be greatly appreciated! :sad:

If you are burning 1000 calories, you MUST add those back in to your diet in order to lose weight steadily. I think that is likely why you are not losing anymore. HTH.
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    I got in one hour of cardio today at the Y. My daughter had a birhday party so my son and I had Mommy and kiddo time there swimming, playing basketball, playing raquetball, jogging on the track. We had a blast. I didn't count all of the minutes there because let's face it, I was with my 6 year old so it wasn't all "serious" but one hour of it was. It was so much fun, and I burned 404 calories to boot!
  • rosered51
    Options
    I'm a little confused...you gained a pound over how long a period of time? Do you weigh yourself daily or once a week?

Weight fluxuates constantly...if you weigh each day, you must be prepared for it to go up and down and not beat yourself up. If you gained a pound over a week then you need to reassess...check your journal, are you being totally brutally honest and logging every thing you eat? If you are then yes I think you are probably not consuming enough calories.

Good Luck hun, and remember to stick around for us to keep you uplifted...weight loss is not cut and dried there are hills and valleys but through it all, we'll be here! :wink:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Okay where is everyone this weekend?! There hasn't been a post in over 5 hours!!! I hope that you aren't giving up because of the challenge this week :sad:

Hang in there... we are here for support!!! Contact me ANYTIME you need a little extra motivation!!:happy:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well, I was planning to make it to Spin this morning, but I woke up VERY sore from my first outdoor run of the year yesterday. :frown: I decided to take today as a rest day and just run around the yard a bit with the kids instead. I will be studying like crazy the next couple days because I test for promotion on Wednesday. But I plan to force myself to take a study break and Spin Monday on my way to get the kids from Daycare.

Have a great weekend everyone!

view_photo.php?set_albumName=album45&id=spinning
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I think my stepmom got hers off of QVC
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Okay, for Saturday I did 30 minutes of cardio. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's ten more minutes than what I've been doing and the last 5 minutes were hard. I wanted to stop.

Those Gillian dvd's sound pretty great. I may have to check those out.
    Plus I upped my water by 2 more glasses Saturday for 6 total! :drinker: The flavor packets really help A LOT! :happy:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Okay, for Saturday I did 30 minutes of cardio. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's ten more minutes than what I've been doing and the last 5 minutes were hard. I wanted to stop.

Those Gillian dvd's sound pretty great. I may have to check those out.
    Plus I upped my water by 2 more glasses Saturday for 6 total! :drinker: The flavor packets really help A LOT! :happy:

Miss Liss: WOW GREAT JoB! I am happy you figured something out to make you drink more water! Way to go!!:drinker: