New just starting Keto! Any help welcome

Options
Hello I am just starting Keto today. Feeling unsure about everything but want to lose weight and get healthy. Any support and help would be great!! Still figuring this site out also! Thx all

Replies

• Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm no keto-guru, but I'm into my third month and loving it! More keto friends are all welcome - it helps so much.
  • shawnaparsons81
    shawnaparsons81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been strict Keto for 2 months and I love the way I'm feeling. I'm still learning as I go, but it does get easier the more you do it. One tip for My Fitness Pal: don't freak about the carb count they show. The site doesn't calculate net carbs. The first week I used it I thought I was going to hate Keto. I was trying to keep my total carb count to 20g or less. Just subtract the fiber it shows from your total carb count and it won't be as challenging.
  • SheilyBee
    SheilyBee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It’s my first day today too
  • embracemassage
    embracemassage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I started Keto way of life on Sept 25th I love it and would love help and support
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Add me to day 1 on keto :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You might find help in the low carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Something to start with, though, are electrolytes... be sure to get enough electrolytes.
  • ShortiB1
    ShortiB1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to getting to know u all! Thx
  • embracemassage
    embracemassage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thx! I’m really excited!
  • samiyha
    samiyha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Been on keto two months. Had a bad carb day today. Really trying to stick to it. Was testing with ketostix. My result color doesn’t match anything on the container. But before today I was sure I was in ketosis because I wasn’t hungry and was tracking and ate less than 20 carbs per day for two weeks. Now I have to get back on it. Any tips?
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning keto and am in search of new friends !!
  • ShortiB1
    ShortiB1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    U can add me
  • kristiemaxwell
    kristiemaxwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Keto!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    You might find help in the low carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Something to start with, though, are electrolytes... be sure to get enough electrolytes.

Best group on MFP for anyone doing low carb, friendly supporting members, and a great launchpad with so much information and advice.