Options
124»

Replies

• BrityKitty
    BrityKitty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BrityKitty wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I think your treatment and your diet are running contrary to each other. Might I suggest that you deal with the anxiety and the poor nutrition first? You mention hair loss, brittle nails, etc. That is resolved with better nutrition/eating more.

I suggest that you go back to your doctor and see if you have PCOS and/or sleep apnea. Drop the diet pills.

I also strongly urge you to switch your energy boost from any caffeine based products to real food, cold turkey. This will mean a week of hell but you will feel a lot better afterwards.

To feed your day add a breakfast, high in protein. Once that is established, add a third meal, high in protein.

It will take about six weeks for you to notice the difference in your skin, hair, and energy level.

Finally, get back to logging your food including all your drinks. Do that for a few weeks.

In two months let’s talk about dieting, which has a different approach and different goals.

Thank you. I'm not going to get into why I'm on anxiety pills just they will always be a factor. I didn't know these things could be caused by bad nutrition until I discussed with my doctor. But medically i am being treated for my illnesses so there is nothing else they can do. The diet pills are my energy now lol so they go we are good. I have been living off so little the last few years that my body is having a hard time accepting more solid food if that makes sense

OP--are you perhaps drinking your calories?

No but thinking about it with nutrition drinks atm until I get use to eating again. Once I can tolerate eating calories then I will be set. Just I eat one time and I'm literally full all day
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    All right, let's take a different approach.

First of all: leave the diet pills immediately, they are causing you to eat less frequently than you need to eat.
    Secondly: If you need thyroid medications, use it. A hormonal imbalance can be detrimental to your health and your diet's success. You said you want to go about it the healthy way, so do it: use the medications you REQUIRE for a healthy, non-deprived body. There is nothing wrong making use of medications that will supplement your body correctly.

You can go and test your metabolism accurately. If you have a slow metabolism then a reverse diet would be one of the solutions. Eat more calorie dense food if you can't eat large volumes.

If you remain strictly to 1500 calories a day for at least two months you will see progress. If you don't, then go and consult a dietician and not a house doctor.

Edit: I still think, like everyone else, that you are eating too much. Like I said in a previous comment: some foods have large amounts of calories in them. You mentioned a sub: if it contains a lot of mayonnaise you'd already be over 100 calories by only eating 18g or so of it. Butter is calorie dense - I'm sure they use it in their subs. It's important to find the ingredients in a meal and log them separately. I am preparing lasange for tonight. 100g portion could easily be over 400 calories.

It's difficult to take accountability for one's actions but you cannot blame your body for your weight gain. It's your food choices. I gained weight because I never even knew what calories were. My highest weight was 213. I didn't eat large volumes of food, I only ate too much of high calorie food and went over my maintenance. By substituting fries for potatoes I can get more in terms of volume and less calories. Just be food wise. Condiments and dressings can be quite a shocker.
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Don't use diet pills for anxiety, use proper anxiety medications. Also don't let a house doctor prescribe them, see a psychiatrist. House doctors have a large scope of topics with little knowledge on each - you are only causing yourself harm by not seeing the correct types of doctors to address your problems.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Okay there is no need to become so defensive. Everyone who commented are people who have lost weight using the tips they have given you.

You aren't consistent with your story: First you only drink one cup of coffee a day with water and on another comment you mentioned energy drinks. Those things can be loaded with calories.
    You also mentioned you only eat one meal per day and then later said you ate two.

You aren't being honest with yourself or with the people on here - who are mere strangers trying to help you.
    We don't want to judge you, we don't want to make you gain weight, we simply want you to accept that you are incorrect with your logging and that, if you want to start losing weight, you should start to listen.

Log every bite you eat for 4 weeks, whether it's 1/4 of a table spoon of sugar or a grain of salt. You will be surprised how many calories lurk in small amounts of food - I just had a 25g muffin and it amounted to almost 100 calories.

Also, if you want to boost your metabolism the safest way to do so is through reverse dieting - which means you will have to eat more calories. Set your stats into MFP and follow the calorie allowance they are giving you. Don't go below it because you can affect your metabolism by eating too little for a very long period of time. Also make sure to limit your salt intake as it can affect water retention.

I ate under 1200 for a long time and it was a huge mistake. I didn't need to go so low - when I adjusted to 1400 I lost consistently and I felt a whole lot better. I'm almost at my halfway goal now.

Don't be afraid to eat - food isn't the enemy. Just be honest with your logging and realize you will lose when you eat at an acceptable deficit.

Also get some blood work done - thyroid, insulin, iron, testosterone. Something may be lurking there.

All the best to you. And know that two days of logging will not honestly reflect 6 years' worth of eating. Stick with it and you will see what changes you will need to employ, which may include eating more frequent, but smaller meals, reducing amount of carb intake, drinking water, avoiding drinks and food rich in salts you don't need, becoming more active, etc.

This may be a long shot: But have your allergies tested. You may be allergic to some foods that can cause the stomach pains.

Ok I'm sorry for getting defensive yet again but I'm staying consistent with everything.
    Yes, you are consistently overeating, and consistently dismissing.
    But everyone just keeps saying I'm eating too much and I'm honest with myself
    There's a difference between incorrect and lying. You can log incorrectly and honestly think you're eating 800 calories even though you're in fact eating (including snacking, and drinking) 2800 calories. (Have you ever gone a half day thinking it was Wednesday, and it turned out it's Tuesday? Did you feel you were lying to yourself? When you found out it's Tuesday, did you believe the calendar was wrong? Or did you just accept that you made a mistake?)
    I am content with the fact that people have opinions but you see when one person says it everyone does then I'm not getting the advice I asked for because everyone's opinion is stuck on "your lying to us and yourself. Eat less"
    But you're just as stuck on getting the advice you asked for, that you can't get, because it doesn't exist.
    I don't know anyone here Im sorry but I could care less what someone thinks about me
    And that's exactly waht we feel for you, too.
    I just want suggestions I can use.
    And that's what we are giving you. That you're not taking it, is on you.
    I really need to figure out how to express the amount of sarcasm in my words...
    You could do that, or you could figure out how this calories in - calories out thing works, once and for all.
    Now you said you ate healthy but less then you were supposed to and hit a plateau i am there but i have been doing it so long years in fact that I physically cannot eat anymore then I already do.
    This is very strong indication that you're eating more than enough.
    Hence why I said my stomach has shrank because if I eat more than a 6 inch sub sandwich that is all i will eat for the day. If I ate that muffin that would be all I ate for the day sometimes if I'm feeling good enough I may eat both that sandwich and that muffin in a 24 hour period but they will be like 12 hrs apart if I drink an energy drink those are the only calories my body will see that day etc.....
    This part here makes me think you're NOT trolling. It's just classic denial.
    But I have had blood work done thyroid is low b12 deficient ect but instead of going on all kinds of meds I want to fix this the healthy way.
    You can do that. But you have to be more mindful of your intake. Logging helps with that.
    All im trying to say is don't assume because someone is fat they eat too much. There is more at play sometimes.
    More being at play does not cancel out the fact that everybody who is fat, has been eating too much.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    All I'm going to say is that anorexia wouldn't be a thing is it was possible for the body to survive for years on 800 calories. Volume means diddly, for weight management it's all about calories. Your heart at the very least would have failed by now and you would be skin and bone. If you think otherwise you need to take yourself to a research hospital as you are defying every fact of human physiology in existence.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ok so I'm not going to argue anymore yes I eat too much I need to start eating 300 everyday because then I can really watch the pounds fall off. I'm sorry but if you actually Google what eating too little does it matches what my doctor was telling me. I don't need anyone's advice on eating less. If I'm lying to everyone why do y'all care if i eat more And gain more weight??? I asked a simple question I got an answer I can use I'm going to start drinking nutrition shakes to get the calories I cannot stomach eating no one knows me or my medical history if I gain weight by increasing my calorie intake to the minimum rca for a woman I will take it up with my doctor that I have been seeing almost my entire life that has all of my medical history in her files. If anyone has any other advice on how to improve metabolism please leave a comment if not just leave me alone so I can make myself 600 lbs because that's just what I want its my life get over it

please can you explain, using your logic, how a person starves to death?

By starving.... If you looked at the chart posted in another comment you would see what 700 calories looks like. I'm not starving im eating two meals worth of healthy food a day. and that's a lot of food hence why I think its b.s. that I have to eat even more to be able to lose weight therefore giving me the impression I will gain weight from eating more then I do... Now where i am more than likely messing up is I'm eating that amount in one sitting and snacking...
    That picture shows 1500 calories, not 700. This is making my mind go "trollololool", but to repeat, and maybe rephrase - no, you're not going to eat more. You're going to eat fewer calories, and more nutritious food. Nutritious food has a lot more volume and bulk for the same calories as smaller amounts of junk food, soda, candy. So it will look like way more calories. But it isn't. It's just less calorie dense.
    I don't know how the body works...
    You can learn.
    I mean apparently I have been doing weight loss all wrong by eating way less then I'm supposed
    NO, JUST NO!
    to so now I'm going to eat more And see if it works. When I figure out how to eat more I will update everyone right here if it makes me lose or gain!
    Nononononono. You are going to eat the amount of food/calories you're supposed to. That is MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE EATING and LESS THAN YOU ARE ACTUALLY EATING.

You can understand this if you want to. I'm beginning to think that you just don't want to. That is your prerogative. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Ok this is where we are not understanding each other I don't eat junk food I don't drink soda I have plenty of self control. What has less calories than salad? Have you ever seen someone eat one salad all day and nothing else? That's how I eat.

yet you said in a post earlier that you eat a large meal and snacks... now you say you just eat a salad... :huh:
  • Scubdup
    Scubdup Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This thread is hilarious.

OP: I have this set of circumstances that are physically impossible.
    MFP: Let us help you find the mistake you're making
    OP: No. The circumstances are as physically impossible as I have described.

OP, I'm not sure what you want us to say? Perhaps, "Please send your magical calorie fairy to those parts of the world dying from hunger"