Week 1 ~ Team Amazing_Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm headed to bed.... but at the end of day #1, I still need the following:

100 jumping jacks today (yes or no?)
    carriebear

Also, if you have not yet told me what your current weight is, please do so no later than tomorrow!!!!!
    I need current weight from the following:
    carriebear

Please also email your "before" pictures to me at teresa.grace@live.com . Those that I have already received, I have messaged you back to let you know that I got them..... please don't forget to send them this week!!

Good night all!!!

Oops.... I did not get my jacks in after running 5.5 miles last night and having dinner. Sucessfully, I was under my calories for the day and drank my water! My starting weight is 173.4

Tonight I am going to go swimming and run a mile for the challenge (even though it is an off day). I need to start getting my water in for the day... darn meeting first thing stopped me from filling my water bottle as soon as I got to work. :ohwell:

Grace I will send you the pic via email tonight after I take one :blushing: lol
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    You guys ROCK!!!! I'm SOOOO impressed!!! :noway:

Everybody, please add Yay_Me as a friend... she is our newest member of our team.
    I notified her late last night and she DID meet all of the requirements for the challenge for YESTERDAY!!

Yay!!
  • YaY_Me
    YaY_Me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok so i made it here! I'm not very good at logging stuff but I'm sure going to try to keep up. I hope to kick august's butt...it will be nice to not have it kick my butt for a change :laugh:
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1 Mile CHECK
    Water CHECK
    :glasses:

Also I sent my pic and weight to your email last night... Did you receive?

I'm thinking I want to lose 6 by months end.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Okay -

Water is in - 10 so far and I'm sure I'll have more before night's end...

Mile done, though it was ROUGH.

Calories under, though it was CLOSE!

TOM is not a good challenge companion - LOL!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    1 Mile CHECK
    Water CHECK
    :glasses:

Also I sent my pic and weight to your email last night... Did you receive?

I'm thinking I want to lose 6 by months end.

Got it!! Thanks!!

Great job!!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I did my 100 push ups, and i sent my pics im ready!!

Crap i meant jumping jacks. lol no way i can do push ups lol
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of water and extra mile completed- now time for DINNER! :) And I am well under calorie goal for the day :)
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Hope this finds everyone pumped to be in this challenge! It is what I needed to kick my weight loss and workouts into high gear!

Started C25k today (iPhone app) and charted 2.37 miles!! So check off 1 mile (extra) for me today! Loved it!
    Drank 9 glasses of H2O
    Under calorie goal both yesterday and today!

Did 50 ab crunches to work on my belly blob!! A little house work, Zumba, and gardening to complete my day!!

Loved being a housewife for a change!!

Joyful in the Journey!
    song2sing
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Things are going well here on this end! I walked the extra mile in addition to my regular workout, had 15 glasses of water, and stayed under my calorie goal. Wooo hooo . . .
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OOPS forgot to tell you my starting weight: 165lbs and my goal is to be at 155 lbs. It's a heafty goal for me as I have been stuck at 165 lbs FOREVER!!!!!
    Day 2:
    100 jumping jacks
    walked an extra mile
    drank at least 8 glasses of water
    was under calorie goal

Yet another jab at August!!!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Decided to take the long, way-out-of-the-way, scenic route home today on my bike. Instead of my normal 7.2 mile ride, I covered 19.9 miles!!! I thought about asking if the extra 12.7 miles on my bike could count as my extra mile. But instead, when I got home, I just grabbed my music and hit the road for a 1.15 mile run! That mile of running was TOUGH after almost 20 miles on my bike, but I did it!! WATCH OUT AUGUST!!!

Extra mile - DONE
    Diary complete and under goal.
    14 glasses of water.
  • healthymern10
    Options
    was under my calorie count
    had over my 8 glasses of water
    did crunches today instead of extra mile
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :wink: :wink: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:2506180.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DeidreJean
    Options
    Things are going well here on this end! I walked the extra mile in addition to my regular workout, had 15 glasses of water, and stayed under my calorie goal. Wooo hooo . . .

15 glasses of water! Wow! I would be swimming in it :)
  • DeidreJean
    Options
    Decided to take the long, way-out-of-the-way, scenic route home today on my bike. Instead of my normal 7.2 mile ride, I covered 19.9 miles!!! I thought about asking if the extra 12.7 miles on my bike could count as my extra mile. But instead, when I got home, I just grabbed my music and hit the road for a 1.15 mile run! That mile of running was TOUGH after almost 20 miles on my bike, but I did it!! WATCH OUT AUGUST!!!

Extra mile - DONE
    Diary complete and under goal.
    14 glasses of water.

That's awesome! Good work!
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    AUGUST 2nd, 2011 /// Cath1717 report of the day :happy:

1 extra mile = Check
    15 glass of water and more to come = Check
    Under calorie goal = Check

GO GO GO AMAZING GRACE TEAM !!!

P.S picture is coming very soon Amazing, thanks.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Day 2:
    Extra mile - check (thought my extra route was 1.1 miles...turned out it was 1.6 :laugh: )
    Water - 16 and counting
    Calories - under

And, survived Week 5 Elimination on MFP Biggest Loser. I'll definitely need to step it up this week if I'm going to survive Week 6. For those not already following it, you can check out the fun at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jonas_Renfold/view/season-one-episode-five-of-mfp-the-biggest-loser-132247
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hope this finds everyone pumped to be in this challenge! It is what I needed to kick my weight loss and workouts into high gear!

Started C25k today (iPhone app) and charted 2.37 miles!! So check off 1 mile (extra) for me today! Loved it!
    Drank 9 glasses of H2O
    Under calorie goal both yesterday and today!

Did 50 ab crunches to work on my belly blob!! A little house work, Zumba, and gardening to complete my day!!

Loved being a housewife for a change!!

Joyful in the Journey!
    song2sing

WOW!! Look at YOU!! That's awesome lady!! Great job getting it all in AND THEM SOME!!!

"TAKE ~THAT~ AUGUST".... LOL
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I drank 9 glassesof water oh that was hard on my belly,
    under my calories goal, I
    did extra mile also.
    Looking good!!!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    water - ck
    under target calories - ck
    XTRA long/fast walk - ck
    whew - so hot and humid!!
    will have NO problems sleeping tonight !
    amazing grace - did you get my pic alright??