What is your best fitness achievement to date?

Options

Replies

• ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hmmm
    Tie between pushing half a ton on the leg press and running for 1.5 hours straight.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at 189lbs and got down to 150lbs, then I got pregnant with my son. I truly believe I would not have gotten pregnant had I not changed my diet and lost weight. My hormones were all over the place and my periods were so irregular. I did not get down to my goal weight prior to getting pregnant, but I was within the healthy weight range for my height which I was proud of. Then I gained it all back plus 7 pls during pregnancy. I got down to 165lbs at 11 months post partum just due to to breastfeeding and eating a healthy plant based diet. Now I’m exercising and have already lost 1 lb in 5 days! My goal now is to be in the best shape of my life! In my early 20’s I was thin and pretty fit, I worked out regularly. But I was too thin for my height. My goal is to be fit but build muscle! I’m not sure what weight that will be but I’m thinking around 130-135lbs! I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished but I’m not done and I’m determined to finish this!
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Before my last pregnancy, I had my squat up to 205x3 and 1RM for bench was 125lbs. It probably doesn't seem like a lot to most people but I was super proud and would love to get it back up there again!! I have a long way to go :/
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ran the Utica Boilermaker this summer. (5K)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    4,000 miles ridden in a year
    longest single day event was a metric century (100K)...not sure I care to do more than that.

Sure you can!

If you're still on pace to do 4000 miles this year, and if you've done a ride of 75 km in the last month, you could go out and ride another metric century ... then in 2 weeks' time you could do 120 km. :)

As you build up, the distances you pass get easier. For example, after you've ridden a couple imperial centuries (162 km), those 100 km rides will be just training rides. :grin:

Oh, it's not that I couldn't, it's more that I don't really care to from a time management standpoint and doing other things I enjoy. I've actually brought my cycling down a bit in 2017 to make room for some other stuff like coaching my 7 year old's flag football team, doing some rock climbing, etc.

I'm on pace right now for 2500-3000 depending on how the winter pans out. As the metric century goes, that was more than enough time for me on a bike...as much as I love it, I was ready to be done with it at about 40-50 miles in...for the last 12 or so miles all I could think about was beer and a cheeseburger...I had to pass through my very own neighborhood with about 5 miles left and it was so tempting to just roll into my driveway and call it a day....lol
  • Adammmmm119
    Adammmmm119 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I ran a 7:05 mile about a month ago. Couldn’t believe I was capable of that.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    moreclan9 wrote: »
    I can walk around Target without needing to lean on a cart.

It's not much compared to your feats of strength and endurance, but it's a start! (And it's been a LONG time since I've been able to walk without pain)

I love this- and being able to walk without pain is huge! Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!