Wedding food

Options
SweetAsPie872
SweetAsPie872 Posts: 12 Member
So I got engaged over the weekend and of course the first thing on a woman’s mind is wedding planning. Is it ok to cheat on your wedding day? If not what are some healthy suggestions? What can do between now and then to really drop weight so that fit into gown? I’m ready to be super strict. But with all the congratulatory dinners and celebrations this past week I’ve veered way off course. I need some tummy buster ideas! Please!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Are you serious about the wedding day food?

I lost 25kgs in just under a year before my wedding. I ate at a deficit and started weight training.

Ditch any thoughts of cheating - on your diet or your future husband. You do that by getting rid of negative food associations - don't think of food as good or bad, it's just food. Yes, there's obviously food you should eat often, and food you should eat sometimes, or in small amounts, but it's all just food. "Be strict but not restricted" is my motto...
  • GymTennis
    GymTennis Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Of course it's ok. Don't tell me your gonna use mfp on your wedding day please. When is your wedding day? If you are constant with your food logging now and have your calorie intake figured out properly to reach your goals, one cheat day or even a few days won't make any significant difference if you get back on track after that
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What kind of cake are you having? :)
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Just count calories until the wedding and eat whatever you want when it's the big day! Are you really going to diet at the biggest party of your life?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I had zero appetite on my wedding day. I just wanted everyone to leave so my husband and I could rush to our hotel and go to sleep at a responsible time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think I was too busy to overeat on my wedding day. It is one day. Don't worry about it and just have tasty food.

If you want to lose weight before the wedding just set a reasonable goal like losing 1 lb a week and not do extreme weird things.