The Way In Which You Weigh....

Options
2»

Replies

• Marcie9278
    Marcie9278 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm random. If I know it will be bad, I won't weigh. I can usually feel whether my weight went down and then weigh then. Sometimes, it's every day and sometimes once a week. I am going to use the trending app now tho and start every day so I can see the changes.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Every morning at the gym in my gymwear. I used to weigh before the gym at home naked for a more accurate reading, but scale batteries died (can't be bothered to replace them) and I don't think my gym would appreciate my nakedness for accuracy haha.

Really? People are naked all the time in the locker room, that's how you get from street clothes to gym clothes to swimsuit to shower back to street clothes. If someone hops on the scale, I could care less. In fact, i would be proud for their effort. But really, who's keeping track of how people are weighing?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Each morning while the coffee's brewing. The scale is in the pantry which has a cold floor so I just switched to weighing with clothes rather than without. The scale is only a number, the trend is what's important. So I just "forgave myself" for the couple pounds of clothes -- like an asterisk by a stat in Cooperstown. The guy still hit a lot of home runs!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    KateTii wrote: »
    Every morning at the gym in my gymwear. I used to weigh before the gym at home naked for a more accurate reading, but scale batteries died (can't be bothered to replace them) and I don't think my gym would appreciate my nakedness for accuracy haha.

Really? People are naked all the time in the locker room, that's how you get from street clothes to gym clothes to swimsuit to shower back to street clothes. If someone hops on the scale, I could care less. In fact, i would be proud for their effort. But really, who's keeping track of how people are weighing?

At my gym the scale is in the main area, not the locker room
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The only scale I have used this week is my food scale. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I have been weighing once a week on Sunday mornings and seeing more consistent comparative results. Little or no change due to water retention gets discouraging.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    While on my weightless journey; Initially never. Not until I could see myself getting into a normal BMI range So my forst weigh in was over 2 years into my journey. From thereon, monthly.
    When I entered maintenance three months ago, I changed to weekly to get a feel for my fluctuations and once that is settled and I am comfortable in maintenance I will change back to monthly I think.

I always weighed myself on Saturday morning (was 1st Saturday of every month) after morning relief and in the birth'costume. I want to weigh me, not my clothes.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Most days.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Why weigh nude? Unless you live in a nudist resort, you'll have clothes on for most of the remaining time of the day. As long as you maintain a reasonable constant in your wardrobe, clothing doesn't matter -- it's there all the time. That's the weight that your body feels as normal.
    Also, before/after restroom breaks, before/after eating ... same thing, as long as your weighing schedule is consistent.
    That is, don't step on the scale wearing boots, jeans (with $3 in change in your pocket), shirt, sweater, and cap after visiting an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet to obtain your base weight. Then, compare that with your weight the next day wearing shorts, a T-shirt, and flip-flops and tell me you lost weight.
  • candjmunoz
    candjmunoz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I use the restroom, also naked (because I like the lowest number I can grt ... LOL!). I only record the lowest numbers so that it always looks like a downward trend. I ignore the in-between weigh-ins. I weigh every day because I want to see the scale only on the day the new low number shows up.

I know myself and I am motivated by frequent tiny losses. If I waited a week to weigh and then didn't see a loss, I would be discouraged and tempted to give up. Seeing a loss of .2 lb helps me want to do it (count calories and exercise) again tomorrow. And when my weight loss stalls, I look at my habits and see if they need tweaking.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    DonM46 wrote: »
    Why weigh nude? Unless you live in a nudist resort, you'll have clothes on for most of the remaining time of the day...
    Because I don't care what my clothes weigh. I care what my body weighs.

Exactly Plus the weight of clothing can differ greatly over season and type of fabric you are wearing. Enough fluctuation in my body and normal measurement uncertainty that all scales have (just a given) without that very gross measurement uncertainty added to it.