Tips?

Options
Diet is my struggle ! Currently working out 5-6 times a week trying to build my core and enlist soon. Will not stop till it's done!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you can be a bit more specific as to what you're struggling with, I'm sure you can get a lot of specific tips. My generic tips are KISS (keep it simple, stupid) and RTDS (read the damn stickies).
  • jackyyadira
    jackyyadira Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Diet is my struggle ! Currently working out 5-6 times a week trying to build my core and enlist soon. Will not stop till it's done!!

Occasional binge eating, as well as not making good food choices it's hard changing your lifestyle around and food is definitely a weakness.
  • jackyyadira
    Options
    If you can be a bit more specific as to what you're struggling with, I'm sure you can get a lot of specific tips. My generic tips are KISS (keep it simple, stupid) and RTDS (read the damn stickies).

I like that ! Im starting mostly with counting calories and keeping that number in check.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? If so, calories should be your #1 priority. Log accurately and consistently and set a realistic goal.

If your goal is fitness related, you'll have to be more specific :)
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Occasional binge eating, as well as not making good food choices it's hard changing your lifestyle around and food is definitely a weakness.

I like that ! Im starting mostly with counting calories and keeping that number in check.
    That was exactly what I would suggest. You've got this :)
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don’t think of it as a diet. Think of counting as feed back that will help you adjust as you lose weight and exercise. Take note of the foods that seemed to satisfy you, and felt like a good deal calorie wise. Make a point of working in things like date night, and your favorite foods, or find ways to adjust recipes that work for you. I also tend to think in a weekly sense, a that I can work in a few high calorie meals and enjoy.
  • jackyyadira
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Are you trying to lose weight? If so, calories should be your #1 priority. Log accurately and consistently and set a realistic goal.

If your goal is fitness related, you'll have to be more specific :)

Yeah more specifically trying to lose around 50lbs to enlist. Thank you for the tips!
  • jackyyadira
    Options
    Don’t think of it as a diet. Think of counting as feed back that will help you adjust as you lose weight and exercise. Take note of the foods that seemed to satisfy you, and felt like a good deal calorie wise. Make a point of working in things like date night, and your favorite foods, or find ways to adjust recipes that work for you. I also tend to think in a weekly sense, a that I can work in a few high calorie meals and enjoy.

Great advice thanks !
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I was going to add. When one thinks of it as a "diet", it's the mindset of a temporary solution. Think of it as a lifestyle change & go from there. Try not to eat after 10pm too... Tough sometimes, I know!
  • jackyyadira
    Options
    Exactly what I was going to add. When one thinks of it as a "diet", it's the mindset of a temporary solution. Think of it as a lifestyle change & go from there. Try not to eat after 10pm too... Tough sometimes, I know!

Tough but I've seen it done by so many people ! Thanks for the tips.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Whne you eat has no direct effect on your weight or weight loss effort. And it's definitely not going to be effective if it's "tough". Choose strategies that makes eating less easier, not harder.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss.