P90X

Options
I was just curious if anyone that does P90X how they enter it into their exercise for the day? A couple of the days are pure cardio and some are weight training/cardio mixed. The database doesn't seem to have the exercises in there so I was wondering if there was a general exercise that is in the database that would apply for P90X?

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The way I log my weight training is by the use of my HRM and Average Heart Rate.
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor....then save it in the cardio portion of the database. If the calories I burn change, I re-enter the correct amount for that day....

I hope this helps!

:happy:
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM and then add all the P90x videos as part of the My Exercise section. So for example, its logged as P90x Core Synergetics, the time and the amount of calories burned based on the HRM.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way is a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) I do Insanity and there isn't anything on here that can track it better. I have a Polar FT4 that I bought on amazon.com for $58.00. They were having a sale last week. If you do get a HRM make sure to get one with a chest strap.I love my Polar. Both my husband and I have one.

Congrats on doing P90X though!

Jen
  • hklesser
    Options
    Any suggestions how many calories to log for an "average" P90X session if you don't have a HRM? What is the range of calories burned for a 50 minutes session? I realize this will vary depending on the type of exercises as well as the amount of effort put in....
  • Shou5
    Shou5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is a n average of 500 to 800 calories depending on what session. Plyometrics is about 800. Not sure exactly but everyone is different depending on the intensity of a person's workout. I would definitely ask a representative/coach at beachbody.com

Paul