Keto Friends!

Options
Hi all, I'm not new to MFP but I am new to Keto and IF. I'd love to connect with others who follow the Keto diet. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • redheadkorver
    redheadkorver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to MFP an Keto! Hope to learn from and share with you all!
  • j_klizz
    j_klizz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been doing "lazy keto" (I eat Elevation bars and use Sweet n' Low *gasp*) since the start of September and I've lost about 20lbs... I'm fuzzy on the number only because I didn't exactly weigh myself when I actually started, so it's more of a "guestimate." I really enjoy keto and have been keeping it simple with chicken and steaks and staying away from recipes mainly because I can't cook for crap!
  • monika2511
    monika2511 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello iam new to MFP
    Iam searching for some indian friends doing Keto diet to loose weight
    Pl do add me
  • TaylerJade21
    TaylerJade21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about Keto and I'm thinking about trying it and I'm new to MFP hope to share my experience with you
  • donrich102
    donrich102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on the keto diet for 4 1/2 weeks and lost 20 lbs. This past week I finally registered some ketones. I'm insulin intolerant and the Dr says sometimes it takes awhile. My daughter was impressed with the weight loss that she stated on the keto diet too. She's registering in the negative.
  • donrich102
    donrich102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When logging my carbs, do I log the net or the total?
  • Ashaman
    Ashaman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started Keto this week. Wanted to give it a shot until Thanksgiving. I will assess at the holiday how it's working for me.
  • Cpenney87
    Cpenney87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto for three weeks. The only issue I'm having, is that I am getting terrible headaches despite using pink salt, lemon water, pickle juice, spinach, and avocado. All those things are a daily part of my diet, yet I'm still suffering from headaches, that I did not have before starting Keto.
  • newyorkgirlygirl
    newyorkgirlygirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    donrich102 wrote: »

Not sure if you have the upgraded version and not sure how that works because I don’t but I just log it however the items come up and then in my mind I just subtract the fiber so I know what net carbs I ate.

• naytasha70
    naytasha70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started Keto on the 14th. The diet has been pretty easy to follow. So far I’ve lost 9lbs. Good luck on your journey
  • Cheilsea
    Options
    Cpenney87 wrote: »
    I've been on Keto for three weeks. The only issue I'm having, is that I am getting terrible headaches despite using pink salt, lemon water, pickle juice, spinach, and avocado. All those things are a daily part of my diet, yet I'm still suffering from headaches, that I did not have before starting Keto.

Sorry to hear about your headaches. I get migraines and I'm hoping keto will help eliminate them. Perhaps your body is still adjusting? I read somewhere it can take up to 6 weeks for toxins to leave our body. Hope it gets better for you!
  • jessicamarie0891
    jessicamarie0891 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today so be good to have some buddies who I can share the journey with!

I love all things carbs so that's where my downfall is a lot of the time and why I seem to put on weight more than lose it! I could easily eat pasta, white bread, donuts etc all day! Not much of a sweet tooth but savoury, carb filled stuff is my weakness so hoping the Keto will help me to overcome that :)

I'm looking to lose 57.5lbs in total, which I'm hoping is doable?!
  • Cheilsea
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today so be good to have some buddies who I can share the journey with!

I love all things carbs so that's where my downfall is a lot of the time and why I seem to put on weight more than lose it! I could easily eat pasta, white bread, donuts etc all day! Not much of a sweet tooth but savoury, carb filled stuff is my weakness so hoping the Keto will help me to overcome that :)

I'm looking to lose 57.5lbs in total, which I'm hoping is doable?!

Good luck with your journey! We got this!
  • Cheilsea
    Options
    hesterific wrote: »
    Hi ketonians! I have been doing keto for about 2.5mos and LOVE IT! I have been pretty strict so I am enjoying the benefits of fat adaptation which was my ultimate goal. Hooray! For all just starting, please stick with it, reaching this point is absolutely worth it.
    I had a 3+ week stall in my journey when I was restricting my calories by about 500 each day. I upped my calories again and started losing. I am down just over 20 but all of my inflammation is gone so it looks like way more than 20.

I love hearing stories like this! It's very encouraging. Thank you for sharing!
  • abimbela
    abimbela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keto is Life! Been on Keto for about three months now. I love it!
  • abimbela
    abimbela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    donrich102 wrote: »

When doing Keto, net carbs are the way to go. I don't believe that you can do net carbs on my fitness pal, but if you wanted to then just subtract fiber from the carbs to get the net number. That's what I do.