Keto diet

Options
Kukkie157
Kukkie157 Posts: 19 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Could someone help me with keto diet plan?

Replies

• MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pertaining to what?
  • Kukkie157
    Options
    I need to start keto diet for weight loss. So I need complete diet chart to start off.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "diet chart"?
  • Kukkie157
    Options
    What kind of foods should I have when I'm on keto diet? I need a diet plan
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What kind of chart are you looking for? Keto is pretty simple:
    All kinds of fat are allowed
    All kinds of meat are allowed with a preference for higher fat meats
    Eggs are allowed
    All kinds of hard cheeses are allowed
    A moderate (small to me) amount of Non-starchy vegetables is allowed with a preference for leafy greens
    A moderate amount of nuts is allowed
    Stay within your calories

Everything else is either not practically allowed, or allowed in very small quantities or with caveats, so many would rather not consume them in the first place.

No need to complicate things, though. If you're trying keto, all you need to do is count carbs (and calories). Pre-log your food if possible and you will clearly see which foods have more carbs than is manageable on keto without any charts.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    High on healthy fats like olive oil, ghee, butter, eggs. Moderate on protein like meats and veggies. Low on carbs...anything with sugar avoid like the plague. A good rule is 5% carbs, 25% protein & 70% fats. Try your best not to go over 20 grams net carbs. Hit your protein as close as you can, but don't go over. Eat fats when hungry...HEALTHY fats. You don't have to hit that macro.
  • Kukkie157
    Options
    Thank you..will try that ✌️
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kukkie157 wrote: »
    I need to start keto diet for weight loss. So I need complete diet chart to start off.

Still.dont understand.

Same. What chart? I never got a chart.. I just googled. Good chart? Each one is slightly different but there are some good ones on Pinterest. Macro chart? Is none. But keto calculators will give you an idea for your macros.

https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/
    https://www.tasteaholics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/3-Day-Keto-Meal-Plan.pdf
  • amusedmonkey
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kukkie157 wrote: »
    Thank you..will try that ✌️

Good luck. Also make sure to add enough salt to your food. If you find this diet too restrictive and unsustainable for you, or if you continue to have negative side effects beyond the first couple of weeks it's refreshing to know that you don't have to do keto to lose weight. Any calorie controlled diet will work. So eat in any way you feel is sustainable within your calories. I personally lost a lot of weight without reducing carbs. Some people feel good on keto, and other people don't. See how you like it and don't be stubborn about it if you find it too difficult to keep up.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple via Ted Naiman:
    DFTZYioUMAAknvA.jpg:large
    Cm54WWuVMAACopz.jpg:large
  • amusedmonkey
    Options

Is that milk in the picture? I thought milk was too high in carbs.
  • FitMarie2016
    FitMarie2016 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Is that milk in the picture? I thought milk was too high in carbs.

It could be cream... full fat dairy like cream, full fat yogurt, cottage cheese are allowed on occasion.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    What kind of chart are you looking for? Keto is pretty simple:
    All kinds of fat are allowed
    All kinds of meat are allowed with a preference for higher fat meats
    Eggs are allowed
    All kinds of hard cheeses are allowed
    A moderate (small to me) amount of Non-starchy vegetables is allowed with a preference for leafy greens
    A moderate amount of nuts is allowed
    Stay within your calories

Everything else is either not practically allowed, or allowed in very small quantities or with caveats, so many would rather not consume them in the first place.

No need to complicate things, though. If you're trying keto, all you need to do is count carbs (and calories). Pre-log your food if possible and you will clearly see which foods have more carbs than is manageable on keto without any charts.

That's a really good summary of most ketogenic diets. :) Those foods should make it easy for you to keep carbs below 20-50g (0-15% approx), moderate protein (15-30%), and the rest being fat (55-80%).

Try the Low Carber Daily group for more info. Their Launch Pad sticky is amazing.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group