Are Boots scales accurate for Body Fat Percentage and Weight?

Or should I get my body fat tested elsewhere? My body fat perctange on Boots scales matches up to my FitSlip app for body fat percentage (this app goes on body measurements, weight & height to calculate your body fat percentage) I'm not sure if this app is accurate too though or not. Is there a chance my body fat could be a lot higher than the boots scales/app is saying? They both say I have low body fat but I still have flabby bits and a huge midsection. Not sure if any of it is loose skin but I have lost nearly 100 lbs in weight so... Just wanna know if Boots scales are lying to me and I'm skinny fat like I think. I'm 5'3 and weigh 102 lbs for reference. My body measurements are 31-25-32.5
My thighs are 17.5 inches and my lower stomach is just huge and flabby.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Body fat percentage scales are generally inaccurate.

What is your goal? By your stats you are underweight.
  • Deadsoulfreak
    Deadsoulfreak Posts: 16 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

The scale and app says my body fat percentage is 17.3% and that's where I'd like it to be or 15% if possible. I'd like the same body fat perctange as an athlete really though, so as low as possible without being dangerously low.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Your stomach is "huge and flabby" because you lost 100 lbs. Give it some time, 1st. Some people never get rid of the "flabby bits" after significant weight loss. More weight loss or obsessively working out WILL NOT HELP YOU. Scales aren't really accurate for body fat percentage and are generally just useful for looking at trends. If you really want to look at your % of fat vs lean, check out hydrostatic weighing. Honestly, you sound kind of unhealthily obsessed and unrealistic about your body fat. 15% body fat is at the low end for athletic women, and 102 lbs is at least 10 lbs underweight for a 5'3" woman.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    maryannprt wrote: »
    Your stomach is "huge and flabby" because you lost 100 lbs. Give it some time, 1st. Some people never get rid of the "flabby bits" after significant weight loss. More weight loss or obsessively working out WILL NOT HELP YOU. Scales aren't really accurate for body fat percentage and are generally just useful for looking at trends. If you really want to look at your % of fat vs lean, check out hydrostatic weighing. Honestly, you sound kind of unhealthily obsessed and unrealistic about your body fat. 15% body fat is at the low end for athletic women, and 102 lbs is at least 10 lbs underweight for a 5'3" woman.

^^^ this.

OP, you also started a thread in the 'introduce yourself' board where you state you are desperate to fit into a UK size 6. You need to stop obsessing over the numbers and get some help.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

The scale and app says my body fat percentage is 17.3% and that's where I'd like it to be or 15% if possible. I'd like the same body fat perctange as an athlete really though, so as low as possible without being dangerously low.

Do you train like an athlete?