60 +. Trying again.

2»

Replies

• Wow! You guys give me hope! I'm 61 have lost 11 lbs started at 209 now 197. Every day I'm inspired to do more and be better!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    ivelisse54 wrote: »
    I would like to know if you could share a typical day of your meals... this is my downfall just don’t know what to eat within my calorie level

To get food and meal ideas friendpeople with open diaries and you will get lots of tips that way. Good luck
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    I'm 59. Highest weight 183. Current weight 135. Maintaining for three years now. MFP was the answer for me to understand portion control and better choices nutrition wise. At first it was challenging but when I started seeing results and feeling better it became a lifestyle change. I lost the first 25 lbs on my own (prior MFP) took a long time...knew if I wanted to reach my goal I needed to get serious about making some more changes. Personally that involved bread and pasta for the most part. And realizing that feeling stuffed is miserable no matter how good the meal is.
  • BradyPug
    BradyPug Posts: 26 Member
    Am 60 and have got serious (again) and dropped some weight over the past 6 months. Still a few more to go and some toning up to do. Not much of a gym guy so looking at alternatives like cycling along path/rail trails and lane swimming to keep me active (along with softball, skiing, and golf that already do). Like to share ideas and such. Friend requests are appreciatwd. Thanks
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    joann2452 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. 65 years old and have only been able to maintain weight using MFP but I guess that's better than gaining. I can't seem to get motivated to exercise consistently but when I do exercise I gain weight then get discouraged and quit. How do you get motivated to work out? And what do you do?

Do you have any workout partners? I work out with a small group, and we motivate each other.

Do you do any workout classes? I didn't think I would enjoy them, but I do. Go and see some friends and workout together.

Do you schedule your workouts? I consider another task for the day that has to be done. Put it on a schedule - set your alarm - get up and do it. The hardest part is getting both feet on the floor. I also set out workout clothes the night before. Get dressed - half asleep - while the coffee is heating up.
  • LVPEFC
    LVPEFC Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm 62...when I was 59 I stepped into the gym weighing 183 and 1 year later I had lost 50 pounds. It's been nearly 2 years, 3 Mudruns, multiple goals set and met and I am 54 pounds down still today and stronger than I've been in 30 years. I measure everything, weigh everything, pay attention to everything and have no regrets about using that discipline to help maintain my health gains. Start over as many times as you need to but Never. Ever. Give. Up. !
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    I'll be 60 in a few weeks- want to enter my 60's in better shape/health. SW 193 CW 180 TW 155- feel free to friend me