Tracking Vitamins and Supplements

Options
I'm a person with Hashimotos Thyroiditis, I take about 10 to 15 different supplements a day and would love to track them using myfitnesspal...I wish they would add that functionality. Is anyone else in this situation?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You can add supplements - you may have to add them to the database yourself if you can't find entries. You are unlikely to be able to track all micronutrients as only a few are available on food labels. Adding them would enable you to track taking them or not if that's what you want to be able to do
  • SaleenGirl305
    SaleenGirl305 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Also, in the diary settings, you can use 'customize meal names' to add a category for vitamins. That way you can track them separately from breakfast-lunch-dinner.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Also, in the diary settings, you can use 'customize meal names' to add a category for vitamins. That way you can track them separately from breakfast-lunch-dinner.

This is what I've done. I don't take much, but need it as a reminder to take them more than tracking them.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I save all mine as a recipe called "Daily Vitamins" that way I can just enter them all at once. If I ever switch anything I just go in and edit my recipe. Easy peasy.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I added an additional meal entitled “supplements” to keep track of the vitamins and medications I take. This has worked well for me and my doctor to keep track. I also note how I am doing in the diary. Hope this helps.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I save all mine as a recipe called "Daily Vitamins" that way I can just enter them all at once. If I ever switch anything I just go in and edit my recipe. Easy peasy.

I have mine saved as a meal so I can chop and change it more easily, but yup - makes it easy.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

This is what I've done. I don't take much, but need it as a reminder to take them more than tracking them.

Yep, this is what I've done.

Done this too.

Makes things much easier to log and remember.