Down 20 LBS in two weeks.

MrJog
MrJog Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
If I feel good, should I just keep dieting and exorcising really hard?

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    20 pounds? Are you trolling us OP. People here take this kind of stuff seriously. If you indeed lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks you are either like 500 pounds or more, you didn't eat anything at all in 2 weeks or you are just trolling to get a reaction.
    I knew a girl who ended up losing 16 pounds in 2 weeks , She stopped eating completely and ended up with anorexia.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    No. It will catch up with you.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    A deficit of 5,000 calories per day.....hmmm? If I stopped eating completely that would still be less than 2,000/day. Maybe your scale needs replaced.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Thats more than what i lost in 3 months. Try to not lose more than 1-2lbs a week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    A deficit of 5,000 calories per day.....hmmm? If I stopped eating completely that would still be less than 2,000/day. Maybe your scale needs replaced.

or its a lot of water weight if OP was very heavy to start with...
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Thats not enough information for a recommendation. Its almost certainly not sustainable at that level.
    Keep dieting and excercising but dont get disheartened if that level of weight loss doesnt continue. The important thing is to establish behavioral patterns and good habits you can keep up for long enough to hit your target ( and hopefully continue after).
  • heycherylann
    heycherylann Posts: 2 Member
    That sounds more harmful than anything. If you provide us with more info, we can advise you better.. there is nothing to go on.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Silly post - hope no one is taking that seriously.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Typical post and run, then sit back and watch the hand-wringing <smh>
  • Nixi3Knox
    Nixi3Knox Posts: 182 Member
    Why do people even comment on these? Just report and move on.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,262 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.