Good breakfast

Options
Looking for a no cholesterol low calorie breakfast #help

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How many calories would you define as "low calorie"?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Fruit (berries) and plain fat free greek yogurt.
  • dbabii11
    dbabii11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Overall 1500 calories daily
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    dbabii11 wrote: »

That doesn't answer the lo-cal breakfast question. Some folks do well with big breakfasts, others do well skipping breakfast altogether. I usually have two eggs scrambled with a tablespoon of heavy cream and an ounce of good cheese. It's about 300 calories of protein and fat but it helps me stave off hunger pangs the rest of the day. A bowl of cereal and fruit for breakfast, even if totaling the same 300 calories leaves me wanting to chew the drapes all day long. But that's me and I had to learn it from trial and error.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    No cholesterol, low calorie - oatmeal, oat bran, small amount of certain cereals, fruits, veggies, egg white frittata, banana oat pancakes.
    Will any of these actually help your diet? As Heidi said, trial and error.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's actually the right answer. This means that you know how this works, Yes, you can spread out your calories as you like. If you want a big breakfast, have a smaller lunch/dinner, etc etc. You decide. Eat what you like.

If dietary cholesterol is an issue (and I don't think it's even a real issue), avoid eggs.
  • dbabii11
    dbabii11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

That doesn't answer the lo-cal breakfast question. Some folks do well with big breakfasts, others do well skipping breakfast altogether. I usually have two eggs scrambled with a tablespoon of heavy cream and an ounce of good cheese. It's about 300 calories of protein and fat but it helps me stave off hunger pangs the rest of the day. A bowl of cereal and fruit for breakfast, even if totaling the same 300 calories leaves me wanting to chew the drapes all day long. But that's me and I had to learn it from trial and error.

So I just started Friday I have been eating horribly all my life.... and you are absolutely right a bowl of cereal has me wanting to eat more doesn’t fill me up so I’m looking for something that will fulfill me with the same calorie content... I ate Cheerios multi grain

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, made with milk, a banana and a honey. It's 400 calories but leaves me full all morning long.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I would do something like this:

300 calorie breakfast. Protein & fat - Greek yogurt, high fiber cereal, and chopped nuts for fat OR homemade egg McMuffin (extra egg white) high fiber English muffin & 2% cheese slice

400 calorie lunch. Broth based soup, veggies & fruit OR grilled chicken salad and fruit, OR cottage cheese veggies & fruit.

100 calorie snack - 100 calorie popcorn, OR dark chocolate squares OR chai tea & Quakes rice cakes.

550 calorie dinner. Meat, starchy side (sweet potatoes) and veggies.

150 calorie snack - small serving of ice cream