Kidney Problems

Has anybody experienced kidney related symptoms during diet and weightlifting? Like blood, back pain and foamy pee?
«1

Replies

  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,465 Member
    The kidneys are located in the lower back. They can mimic back pain. n=2 experience, go get this checked out right away.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 240 Member
    The kidneys are inside your ribs, not your lower back, though pain can present from ribs to lower back and around front.

    Blood in urine often is a symptom of kidney stones. I get kidney stones. You must pass them eventually or you can end up with hydronephrosis, which is a kidney problem, and you can't mess around with kidney problems. You'll get sick quickly, and it will be awful. Go to a doctor or ER, now.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    Shouldn't you be asking a medical professional about this problem. Blood anywhere other than your circulatory system (for a male) is not good.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    I'm already panicked and my doctors appointment isn't until 6:30 p.m. Asked here for help to try and find out if others might have had the symptoms during weightloss or weightlifting. Thanks for all your help guys, I'll update this after my consultation.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Definitely see a doctor asap about this, since one cause of foamy urine is protein in the urine, which happens due to decreased kidney function. Since there is also bleeding, then it might be caused by an infection or injury, in which case the effects can be reversed if caught and treated early enough.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    I sure hope so, counting the hours until my appointment.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,465 Member
    Kidney stones can be related to overweight, which you've been/are since you're losing. All your symptoms relate to kidney stones, or many other possibilities too. Fortunately these things are treatable.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    The kidneys are inside your ribs, not your lower back, though pain can present from ribs to lower back and around front.

    Blood in urine often is a symptom of kidney stones. I get kidney stones. You must pass them eventually or you can end up with hydronephrosis, which is a kidney problem, and you can't mess around with kidney problems. You'll get sick quickly, and it will be awful. Go to a doctor or ER, now.

    This only happens if the stones cause a blockage. They can move around in your kidneys and ureters causing pain for quite a while before they pass. Even for years.

    But blood in urine means it’s time for a doctor visit. Even if it’s just urgent care.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Kidney stones can be related to overweight, which you've been/are since you're losing. All your symptoms relate to kidney stones, or many other possibilities too. Fortunately these things are treatable.

    They say that, but most people I know with kidney stones are average weight. I’ve had many and never been more than a couple pounds into an overweight BMI. There is a bigger correlation with family history and chronic dehydration.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    The doctor didn't tell me anything yet, ordered a sonogram, urine and blood tests. Going back on Thursday.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited October 2017
    The doctor didn't tell me anything yet, ordered a sonogram, urine and blood tests. Going back on Thursday.
    Hopefully the labs have been drawn. If there is anything urgent, you'll hear back before Thurs. ETA: in the meantime, if you start having severe pain and/or spiking a fever, go to the ER

  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,566 Member
    Keep us updated :)
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you all for your comments, I'm a bit more calm now. This sure makes you appreciate your body, it's incredible all the things we take for granted. I'll keep you posted :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,465 Member
    cmtigger wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Kidney stones can be related to overweight, which you've been/are since you're losing. All your symptoms relate to kidney stones, or many other possibilities too. Fortunately these things are treatable.

    They say that, but most people I know with kidney stones are average weight. I’ve had many and never been more than a couple pounds into an overweight BMI. There is a bigger correlation with family history and chronic dehydration.

    Overweight can contribute to kidney stones, but that doesn't mean healthy weight people wont get them. I don't know anyone whose stones are family related. OP us overweight which is why I mentioned that risk factor.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Kidney stones can be related to overweight, which you've been/are since you're losing. All your symptoms relate to kidney stones, or many other possibilities too. Fortunately these things are treatable.

    They say that, but most people I know with kidney stones are average weight. I’ve had many and never been more than a couple pounds into an overweight BMI. There is a bigger correlation with family history and chronic dehydration.

    Overweight can contribute to kidney stones, but that doesn't mean healthy weight people wont get them. I don't know anyone whose stones are family related. OP us overweight which is why I mentioned that risk factor.
    Well now you’ve met one, if only online. My grandfather and cousin also got stones. The doctors have told me that family connections are very common.
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    Phew! Good news!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,566 Member
    MsChewMe wrote: »
    Phew! Good news!

    Yay! The best possible outcome!