Kidney Problems

Options
2»

Replies

• dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you got a clean bill of health. Did your doctor discuss why the high uric acid and give you a list of foods to avoid? As I'm sure he told you uric acid levels are elevated in gout and you wouldn't want to suffer with that. What percent of protein do you eat? Here are a couple insights.
    Purines (specific chemical compounds found in some foods) are broken down into uric acid. A diet rich in purines from certain sources can raise uric acid levels in the body, which sometimes leads to gout. Meat and seafood may increase your risk of gout.
    WebMD - Diet and Gout
    and a good summary from Mayo.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gout-diet/art-20048524
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support guys!!! (the pain in I felt in my lower back wasn’t kidney related, like many of you said the kidneys aren’t even there, felt silly when the doctor pointed out their position).
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got a clean bill of health. Did your doctor discuss why the high uric acid and give you a list of foods to avoid? As I'm sure he told you uric acid levels are elevated in gout and you wouldn't want to suffer with that. What percent of protein do you eat? Here are a couple insights.
    Purines (specific chemical compounds found in some foods) are broken down into uric acid. A diet rich in purines from certain sources can raise uric acid levels in the body, which sometimes leads to gout. Meat and seafood may increase your risk of gout.
    WebMD - Diet and Gout
    and a good summary from Mayo.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gout-diet/art-20048524

Thank you so much for your advise!!! I’ve had gout since I was 26, I’ve been doing my best to avoid the wrong types of food and taking nimesulide for the pain. I was freaking out partly cause of that medicine, which is banned in first world countries. Thanks to this scare I started taking better care of my gout, the doctor set me up with allopurinol, which decreases the uric acid levels. Haven’t had a gout attack in a while, plus the weightless is really helping as well.