How do I get toned without going to the gym?

I don't have access to the gym, what are some good at home workouts that I can do that will help me build muscle.

I'm already skinny, I just want to tone my stomach area.

Replies

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Kettle bells.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Calisthenics, or bodyweight training, can work. Startbodyweight.com has a basic routine that you might try.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Hello - try youtube body weight videos or fitness bender- lumowell- has some strength training videos as well- you will need some light weights to get started.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Look up nerdfitness's bodyweight routine.

So this is cleared up though, "toning" means putting on muscle.
  • london1014
    london1014 Posts: 6 Member
    Try fitness blender! they're honestly so amazing, I don't even use my gym membership anymore. Most of their videos use your own body weight which I find so much better than gym equipments.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    All of the above.
  • siv1979
    siv1979 Posts: 32 Member
    If you're skinny.... Start eating at a small calorie surplus..... 200 a day..... And follow a lifting program
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    If you're already skinny, I accept that means you have a flatish belly. IF you have no definition, that means you have insufficient muscle mass.

You could do 1 meeelion sit ups/crunches/etc. Or you could embrace a more comprehensive program.

Since you have no equipment and no access. I'd suggest a gymnastics based program

YAYOG-You are your own gym
    Convict Conditioning
    Any of several programs from the Kavadlo brothers
    Naked Warrior from Pavel

Or any program that focuses on progressive pushups/pullups/squats and their variations.