Fats...

Options
I've been tracking on paper and recently discovered MFP. Everything's ok, losing steadily. I'm just a little concerned that my fat % is so low. Do u think it will cause a health problem?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    How low is it? What are your total calories and grams of protein?
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    How low? You do need fat in your diet. Do you track oils you cook with? Butter even if it is just a "pat"? Do you eat cheese, eggs, nuts, meats, fish, avocados? I end up on the other end with about 40% fat, but it seems to be my happy place so I don't worry about it too much as long as I'm losing and feeling good.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Had the same issue a few weeks ago. Long story short, the lovely people at MFP educated me that you need dietary fat for all sorts of stuff including hormonal issues.

It’s been tough but I’m slowly increasing the amount i eat. Try the normal fat versions of dairy, meat etc.
  • bossmanbing2102
    bossmanbing2102 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How much fat are we suppose to eat ?
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    How much fat are we suppose to eat ?

The amount MFP sets for you. Check out the nutrition option in your diary page or menu.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I go over in my fats every single day - right now I just ignore what MFP says I should eat. I find that I feel better when I eat them, but I've never been one to do low fat or fat free foods. Most of my fat comes from olives, unsweetened coconut, peanut or almond butter, olive oil, and a few other foods. Black olives are one of my favorite foods ever, so that one gets used often. And nut butters.