Shift work woes

Options
Decided I needed to do something about my growing belly. Which isn’t helped by being a shift worker and eating at odd hours. Fingers and toes crossed I can shift it.

Replies

• vickiwheeler1153
    vickiwheeler1153 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can, my husband is a milkman, so 6 days of the week his day starts at 12am - 1 am, then on Saturday night and Sunday is normal day. Normally each evening 9.30 pm, before going to bed he eats his breakfast (bowl of cereal), up for work for 12 am, at 7.30 am in the morning he eats a 'healthy cooked breakfast'??? - toast, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, poached egg and bacon. He has a bowl of cereal about 12 noon, and he goes to bed for an afternoon sleep. Awake at 5 - 5.30 pm to eat a healthy (on average 500 Kcal) dinner, I'm calorie tracking as I'm trying to lose weight so I'm recording our dinners. But what I need to say is that he is losing weight too, because of the changes I have made to his dinner meals. Find nutritious satisfying meals you enjoy, and do not worry if you aren't eating a traditional meal at breakfast time, I quite often have soup as my first meal of the day as it fills, and warms but isn't too heavy on my tummy, and it's normally 6 hours later when I get lunch, which will only be about 2 1/2 hours before dinner time, so I opt for 0% Greek yoghurt and fruit for my late lunch, and have dinner with hubby at 6.30 pm - tonight's dinner is home-made savoury mince, with boiled potatoes, leeks and cabbage = 499 Kcal. Hope this helps, so don't give up, you can do this.
  • ColinHigginsUK
    ColinHigginsUK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and the tips. I’ll take that all on board. Earlies I’m confident I’ll be ok. As well as middles. Lates are my biggest worry working till 2am I get the munchies. But I’ll take some fruit and nutrition bars to head that off. Good look to you and your hubby.
  • MrsWatkins2024
    MrsWatkins2024 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello. Good luck with your journey!!
  • ColinHigginsUK
    ColinHigginsUK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Going well so far. Although I did get told off by the app for not eating enough yesterday. How’s your journey going?