Keto Friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• poornimas1987
    poornimas1987 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hey guys, I’m so inspired by the posts! I just started the keto diet today. Today is more of a trial, just to get an idea. Although I have crossed 20 gm of carbs due to lack of preparation (was expecting lesser carbs in scrambled eggs!), hope to keep it below 50 gm.
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I’m so inspired by the posts! I just started the keto diet today. Today is more of a trial, just to get an idea. Although I have crossed 20 gm of carbs due to lack of preparation (was expecting lesser carbs in scrambled eggs!), hope to keep it below 50 gm.

Good luck! I'm on day 5 and aim for < 20 g (carbs) a day! :)
  • Snrussell09
    Snrussell09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been off and on Keto for a couple months and life is much better ON. I went back to a regular diet for a couple and found that aside from occasionally (chipotle bowl, chips with queso...etc), I didn't even crave or enjoy carbs as much as I thought I did. The progress has been much more efficient on keto, plus the food is better, haha.

Good luck, guys! Feel free to add me.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • some_weirdo
    some_weirdo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    abimbela wrote: »
    donrich102 wrote: »
    When logging my carbs, do I log the net or the total?

When doing Keto, net carbs are the way to go. I don't believe that you can do net carbs on my fitness pal, but if you wanted to then just subtract fiber from the carbs to get the net number. That's what I do.

This is the best news, I've been operating as if it was fiber and sugar, which has made it extra challenging! Oh happy day! Also, difficult to get enough fiber..obviously. haha!

I'm also pretty new so am loving seeing people's stories and tips. I'm on day 5 and it's already working very well for me. As a lover of chips and fruit and wine, I expected it to be so much harder but I find the food I've been making so satisfying. I think I'm on the Keto train for the long haul!